Why would you close my last topic, moderator?

if he doesn't reply, then it doesn't apply

really, all i wanna know about is who to flush.. a ripped up betta or the bully-fish dwarf gourami? tell me soon, cause im gonna have to let him out of my makeshift "jail"

i wonder if fish learn, cause this is like the 3rd time now ive jailed him after i personally have witnessed it bite one of my platys.. 2 of my original 3 are toast!!!!!

my ottos seem fine..
my rainbow shark seems small, bit thats cause he's young i guess?
i've dropped both frozen bloodworms and spirulina (color-enhancing) or whatever into the tank and the betta nor the ottos seem interested.. the rest go nutz though..

Well from the sounds of things its the gourami that needs to returned to the store, the tank just isnt big enough to support that ammount of surface active fish.

I didn't bother reading through this extremely long post so this may have been stated. My opaline gourami was a bully for a while. Had him in w/ an oscar and jack dempsey. I seperated him and fed him less and fed the other more until the others got much bigger. (They all started out the same size of 3") Then after I let him go back with jack and blindy he left them alone. It might also be that now I'm making sure he's full every day. :dunno:

Since im really bord i might as well waste my time on such childish behaviour. If you want advice how about showing people some respect ? ever since you came into this forum theirs been nothing but negative and agressive attitude. This is a FISH forum not BULLY forum. im not quite sure what your issues maybe but not only are you agressive to people on the net but also to fish who only do things by nature and you are punishing them for no good reason. im sure your mum doesnt lock you up when you are being abnormal. i dont think flushing fish is going to be the answer, and asking the forum such a question i wonder why you arnt getting no response for the reason that no civil normal person will flush a fish because they dont get along. if this is a way of getting us mad please think again :) because frankly we arnt the people who have to live with such aggressive behaviour, so if its such a decison flush both! and if you want people to answer you then start asking constructive questions. if you want resepct and answers which i doubt you will recive after your behaviour start or TRY to be mature or are you confused about fish because your parents bought you your first fish bowl for your 12th birthday?
as for fighting fish i think alot of people with your state of mind assume they can stand up to any fish for the fact that their "fighting fish" if you put a fighter against an oscar i suppose you think the fighting fish will win? its only a name doesnt mean they can survive against all fish lol :S
i think that you should do some research before handling fish, they shouldnt be treated the way you are.

Anyway good luck in life "tuffy"

Tanisha....... ( warriors girlfriend)

Well im not sure who replied but i dont think any fish no matter what they did should be flushed! anyway i said what i had to say so ill move along. caio

Alright, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are tapdancing on a minefield here with your attitude and i suggest you chill. You have several reasonable choices, assuming the flushing comments are just designed to needle the members. First, a betta would be ok by himself in a 1 gallon or larger tank. So you could get a little tank for him and separate him. Or you could return either the betta or the gourami. Don't try to keep more than one anabatoid (sometimes called labyrinth fish, that means they can breathe air from the surface, this includes bettas, gouramis, paradise fish, etc) per tank unless you have done some research and have a plan to deal with the aggression. Such a plan would generally mean a large tank so there is plenty of territory, with lots of hiding places so they weren't always up in each other's faces.

You can put more than one anabantooid in a tank, such as a pair of gouramis. Not a good idea to breed Bettas I don't think. I put my ,moonlight in my sisters tank and she got him a mate and he calmed right down.

Yes, a mixed gender pair is a different story. But you would not want to mix multiple males or species unless you were prepared to deal with the possible aggression.

Pity it isn't possible to flush the owner and let the fish live happily ever after :lol:

Koda....still wondering how this ranks as an emergency :rolleyes:

Duckdown I can't believe you're still at it. I can't believe you got into fish keeping when you don't seem to have the patience. I can't believe you've not learned from last time and haven't moderated your tone a bit.

I just can't believe it.

Do I sound lke Victor Meldrew yet??

You've been given some good advice on this thread already, take it, return the fish, don't just replace it immediately but spend some time researching or join us in chat to see if you get any joy there. If you look below the big blue stripe at the top of the page there is an icon allowing you to access chat.

Everyone is really friendly on here and there are some good and helpful contacts to be made. Don't push it by offending everyone and slating their advice.

Most reactions

Back