Why would you close my last topic, moderator?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

duckdown

Reaction score
Okay, well

I took everyones advice and grabbed a couple of ottos they're doing fine.. and yeah, even though the progress is slower than i expected; the algae is slowly going away.

I also took everyones advice and gave back that tiger barb instead of flushing him. Now i've got a new problem god damn it.

I bought a fish called according to the receipt "Striped Dwarf Gourami".. It's a hell of a fish, but when that barb was around, he was just like every other fish trying to avoid the damn barb.

Now it has turned into the tank bully, and most of my fish have suffered fin damage/ripping due to the damn gourami, some of them SEVERE. My sweet purple/red/lightblue betta's fins are ripped up. I lost two of my FIRST THREE fish ever owned, and I feel like throwing this fish out the window.

WHAT DO I DO? WHY MUST MY FISH BE SO AGGRESSIVE? I've got him trapped inside the tank in that cup with the slices in it that you buy bettas in.. SOMEONE RESPOND.

MODERATOR; DON'T CLOSE THIS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL I DID TO YOU PERSONALLY, BUT I NEED SOME ADVICE ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

edited for bad language, please do not swear in your posts or they will in future be deleted, thanks CFC

i don't have anything to do with this....but my guess is that they closed the other one down because of all the "friggins" and "hells" and "damns"....

just a guess....

AND LOOK HOW MANY VIEWS THIS TOPIC HAS, YET NO REPLIES? IF THIS BOARD WANTS ME OUTTA HERE, JUST TELL ME.

Again edited for bad language. This forum is family oriented and many children use the site, if you continue to post in this way you will be banned.

CFC

take a read through some of the other posts on this forum. You'll see that other people have problems as bad as and sometimes worse than yours, but they don't write aggressive posts and start shouting (thats what caps means in case you don't know!!) at people when they don't reply.
If you try asking questions calmly, maybe you'll get more response!!!

they'd probably like it if you avoided it all together....and people will probably gladly respond if you wrote in a lighter tone....bite your tongue maybe?

i'm sure no one wants you out of here.....but instead to cool off before posting.....punch somethin before talkin.

667 now :p

Gouramis and bettas do not get along, both are territorial upper water dwelling fish and unless the tank is very large they will fight.

In future it would be best if you actually research your fish first before buying them and stop trusting advice of lfs employees who usually know nothing and will sell you a fish just to get your cash.

why, these jerks work on commission?

so what do i do? who do i get rid of? the betta cause hes all ripped up?

so much for calling it the "fighting fish"

that fish was weaker than my guppys.
now he's just sitting on the rocks at the bottom of my tank.
my guess is, he's toast.

betta's are called fighting fish because they fight eachother....not other fish.

you just let him get his but kicked, eh? ya, i agree with CFC on the whole research before you buy.....

The form of bettas seen in the trade now are not bred for fighting, they are bred for their fancy fins and bright colours and struggle to swim properly let alone do much more than flare at each other and try to look tough, the natural form of Betta splendens has much shorter fins and drab colours, also through selective inbreeding to create longer fins and brighter colours they have seriously weakened immune systems and die easily.

Which fish you get rid of is up to you, just remember before buying any other fish to research first and find out what would be suitable.

So how do you go about me researching what fish is compatible with what? i'm sure it's not as easy as you think. im sure theres no chart showing what will attack what.

where can i buy a plakat so it can whoop the crap outta any fish that acts too tough in my tank..

ill throw it in with that thing for like 10 seconds then take him out

honestly though;
these bettas suck.
they are so corny and weak and wimpy

mine wont even leave my castlefixture anymore cause hes terrified of the gourami.. what a wimp.

cfc gimme the scoop.. where can i get bettas that arent so cheesy? im giving this wussy back tomorrow... dude in the lfs or petsmart or whatever was like "well, when you're adding a betta theres always a risk"

yeah, right.
theres always a risk of your fish being a total chooch.
i must have picked a real wimp.
this fish should be able to kick the gouramis ass.
he must be scared for some reason?

You'll have to ask where you can get plakats from in the betta forum, i dont keep bettas (or any small fish), also im in England so i dont know of state side supliers.

You can research here and on other websites or read books, you should be able to work out which fish are compatable by reading their profiles, if it says a fish is aggressive then you know it probably cant be kept with non aggressive fish and will need a large tank to have any chance of being kept with tankmates, or you can just ask about the fish youve seen that you like in the species forums, chances are someone will keep/have kept them and can give you the low down on the temperaments.

alright
i see how it is.

you change your mind, you know how to reach me.
ill give you my msn if you want it.
(if the situation dictates)

Most reactions

Back