White stringy poop...is this a type of worm infestation?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SNicole

Reaction score
Hello- My fish are all pooping these white long strings. They produce them extremely often and expel them very quickly. If they swim fast, the part that's hanging from the fish drops off. The stuff is white and somewhat stringy. Some of the fish appear bloated. I treated with API General Cure and did a few rounds of that, but nothing. What could this be? Are these worms? If so, what type and medication?

wrkefo.jpg

http://tinypic.com/r/wrkefo/9

It sure sounds like it, I would treat the tank with prazipro and feed food laced with garlic (thera a).... If the fish are still bloated after 7 days you can add some Epsom salt.

The General Cure I gave them already cotained metronidazole and praziquel so I'm not sure if that's the type of medication for the worms they have or if I need to treat much more than what the box says. Do you know what type of worms those are? :(

if metronidazole hasn't gotten rid of it, if the poop is stringy, white but sorta see through i'd say parasite but its possible its an internal bacteria infection.... if the poop is thick puss like not see through then i'd try treating with amoxicillin

Just going to throw something out there that may sound stupid but I'll offer it anyway...
What are you feeding them?
Have they recently eaten any veggies?
When I feed my otos Zucchini or Cucumbers my other fish pig out as well and they all poop clearish long stringy poops (because what they're eating is the same color).
Pretty little fishy!
Good luck!

Hey Jen they're just eating flake food right now

hum, then I don't know why the meds aren't working. Sure seems to be an internal parasite.
sorry

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back