White spot on platy?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Graceelaine

Reaction score
Hello, I got up this morning and noticed this white spot by my platys eye. Iā€™ve not seen anything like it before but look sort of red aswell?
Any help or ideas of what it could be would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5206.jpeg
    IMG_5206.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5207.jpeg
    IMG_5207.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 15
Hello. Likely just a small injury. As long as you're keeping the tank water very clean, you've got nothing to worry about. The injury will heal given a little time. I keep a lot of different Platys and add a bit of standard aquarium salt to the replacement water. I've found it will ease the stress of an injury and promote a healthy slime coating the fish needs to maintain a strong immune system. Salt, in my opinion keeps scaled fish especially healthy. This is however, just one reporter's opinion. You're the "Tank Boss".

I've enlarged those photos and it's an injury. It's got to heal by itself.

Hello. Likely just a small injury. As long as you're keeping the tank water very clean, you've got nothing to worry about. The injury will heal given a little time. I keep a lot of different Platys and add a bit of standard aquarium salt to the replacement water. I've found it will ease the stress of an injury and promote a healthy slime coating the fish needs to maintain a strong immune system. Salt, in my opinion keeps scaled fish especially healthy. This is however, just one reporter's opinion. You're the "Tank Boss".

Thank you very much!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back