Where Can You Get Arowana?

Maidenhead Aquatics Stock Arowna. Theres also this website, www.cheapfish.co.uk, they sell them but never used them so suppose it's always a bit risky.

They need very large tanks and are expensive.

I know they need big tanks and are expensive, i have a old 6x2x2 old marine tank that should fit the bill, just need to know the best place to get them.

Arc aquatic in Canterbury had a really nice red arowana. Was about £400 (was very tempted but don't have the room for it at the moment :( ).

In the local Mainhead Aquatics nr me (St Albans), they have a few arowana, but they are pretty expensive. One in there was £2500, and the other was £1200. They did have others but can't remember the price, they were cheaper, i know that much. If you go to www.fishkeeper.co.uk (Maidenhead Aquatics website), it lists all of their shops, there may be one near you. Might be worth giving them a call. Other than that wouldn't really know.

Might be worth posting in the oddballs section of the forum, some people who keep them may be able to tell you a good place to get them from.

You can search on

www.tropicalfishfinder.co.uk/

this will tell you which shops have them in stock at present.

Ok just making sure.

In my maidenhead they had an asian for 50 quid (was like 10'' or something).

They have a golden one now for 600 like 10'' or so comes with certificate.

6x2x2 isnt a big tank, not in terms of arowana tanks anyway. It might do as a bare minimum for an Asian or jardini arowana but it isnt ideal and for the long term permament future you really want to be looking at a tank 8 feet long and 30 inches wide for either of those fish, for the South American arowana's you would need even bigger.

If you go to a shop £400 will buy you a banar grade 2 red. You can get a green for about £150 but these take some finding. If you upped your budget to £450 you could get a RTG. Maidenhead aquatics are not the best place to buy an aro unless you work for them or have very deep pockets. As for these people who say they saw asians for like £50 I very much doubt they did. As for tank size you could get away with a green in a 6x2x2 but as CFC said this isnt ideal.

a 6x2x2ft tank will be fine for 1 x asian aro and a few tank mates

i have a red tail gold you can take for £400 size 12inch send me a pm if intrested :lol:

i live in london N4

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back