When can i drop the mesh container

H20lover99

Reaction score
I have a full grown convict cichlid and a young adult blue ( name starts with an a something lol) both aggressive. But the new blue cichlid I got is alot smaller then the convict. When can I take the new fish out of the mesh breeder container. Lol how are you suppose to get cichlids the same size as the ones you have now if the pet store only sells babies.

If you want to add new fish to a tank that has cichlids in, rearrange the tank and then add the new fish straight after. By rearranging the tank, you break up established territories and this gives the new fish more chance of finding somewhere safe instead of being dumped into the middle of another fish's territory.

If you add a number of new fish at the same time, it can help too. It stops one new fish being the target of everyone and spreads the aggression out over all the new fish.

I did rearrange a little but I had to leave the one hut in there for my big fish the one that isnt new and is the threat. bc at the moment that's all he fits in i did add a new ornament in there tho to switch it up a bit. I actually did put the new fish in tonight. There are many hiding spot in there for him and as we all guessed it the big fish is being territorial with his old hut somehow I will try to make a new hut for him with my other ornaments trm. The big fish was actually the only fish that was in there. I do agree with adding many fish to spread out chaos lol in a way that's what's its doing. But buying a bunch of new fish all at once sounds illogical to begin with. Let's hope the little blue fish is still alive when I wak. Thanks broski

Can you post a picture of the new blue cichlid? Would be good to know what you have.

you don't need to change the ornaments, just move them to break up the old territories.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back