Whats the best method to..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

druxboyz

Reaction score
about 2 months ago, i bought about 10 water hyacinth. They ended up dying, i didnt know why.

yesterday i bought 1 hyacinth to test out my new water with fertilizer and in the morning, i see some healthy roots of it detached from the plant. my koi did this.

so today, i put the plant in a bucket with holes in the bottom for water circulation, and am just letting it float around .. kinda looks ugly..

is there any links to how other people have guarded their plants from koi? like nets and stuff? thanks.

I haven't found anything that stops them yet sadly. When I had them I put them above a shallow shelf which made it harder for the fish to reach, obviously some still got munched down but the plants towards the back grew and mulitplied. :)

i was kinda in a hurry when making my pond, my shelf is a bit over 1 foot deep, not much of a shelf, just more like a shallower end :rolleyes:

any other ideas anybody?

Mabey build a plant corral like a big chiken wire box with large dark green netting streatched accross the top so the koi cant jump in andset your plants ontop of the net with the roots going down throught it.

just leave them let the fish play, we have a few koi the plants are doing ok,we have done nothing to stop them. :thumbs:

open tomorrow ;) :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back