The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Updates about water changes, random fish talk that doesn’t seem to be worthy of its own thread, fish and tank pics etc! I’ll start
This is not for general what are you doing today chat

My tank needs the glass cleaned, but this is it. One of my bulbs got unburied and I haven’t buried it again (whoops)
AAD857B1-1C25-45AA-BA91-D340EEA619A9.jpeg

Peanut betta:
010A4179-BAAA-4AEB-A81E-01D1045F8A67.jpeg

And Walter, my aftrican leaf fish who is almost 9 years old!
26DA0F30-D025-45BB-A602-2E622EA52E20.jpeg
B489E5D6-5FE9-4C24-8B1B-57E789C6A178.jpeg

I like the tank. A lot.

Today, I need to water change on the 120, and see if the killie eggs I have set aside are going to hatch. They are about ready.I was given some houseplants for Christmas, and the house I keep them in is around the fishtanks, so I'll be placing and repotting.

I give this thread 3 posts before it goes awry.

Updates about water changes, random fish talk that doesn’t seem to be worthy of its own thread, fish and tank pics etc! I’ll start

My tank needs the glass cleaned, but this is it. One of my bulbs got unburied and I haven’t buried it again (whoops)View attachment 308134

Peanut betta:View attachment 308135

View attachment 308136View attachment 308137
Such a unique and beautiful fish!

My tank needs the glass cleaned, but this is it. One of my bulbs got unburied and I haven’t buried it again (whoops)View attachment 308134

Peanut betta:View attachment 308135

View attachment 308136View attachment 308137
Been a while since you've given an update! Nice to see it again!
I love all the plants in it!

(Is this an update area just for you or also for others? You made it sound like everyone can use it for their tanks but I just want to clarify...)

Been a while since you've given an update! Nice to see it again!
I love all the plants in it!

(Is this an update area just for you or also for others? You made it sound like everyone can use it for their tanks but I just want to clarify...)
Everyone! Just general fish related chat. ONLY fish though lol

I like this tank alot too, that leaf fish is a nice centerpiece

Okay, let's talk about religion & politics!*

*J/K, couldn't resist....Gary's fault
Thank you! This tank currently only has those two in it, as most tank mates that would work well for the b. pugnax would easily be eaten by the leaf fish, and most tank mates for the leaf fish would be too large and most likely active and stress the betta. Waiting until one or the other dies to add tank mates suitable for the survivor. I miss having all the tanks with alllllll the fish haha

That leaf fish is too cool, Juice. What species is Peanutbetta?

I am still waiting for TWS to get royal farlowella in so I can order some more for the Rio Negro tank, and I'm still hoping the weather gets warm enough that I can order some B. rubra for the Sumatra rice paddy. If that doesn't work out I might pick up a couple B. cochina when I'm in Sheridan next month. Dan's Fish has a couple in stock.

details or it didnt happen
My male gudgeon fry jumped out and must have been there for a while cause his tail was dried and he had a white line going down his back from his back fin drying as well...
I for sure thought he was dead. He was behind the tank so I grabbed a long pair of tweezers and VERY carefully removed him from there.
Then he waved his fin just a little and I figured it was nerves, but then he moved again. So I put him in the tank and used the tweezers to circulate water around him. He just kinda drifted down sadly... But then he twitched and tried swimming!!
Sense his tail and back fin was dry he couldn't swim well, so he just kinda laid on the bottom...
He is VERY slowly recovering. He wasn't looking good at all and he kept turning over on his side. Now he is swimming better (although he has a lite wobble to his swim). And the excess mucous isn't looking that bad anymore and is going down.

He's slowly recovering... I hope to do a small water change today to help him out...

Here were photos I took earlier today:
20221227_111045.jpg
20221227_112924.jpg

I also have a thread about it

My male gudgeon fry jumped out and must have been there for a while cause his tail was dried and he had a white line going down his back from his back fin drying as well...
I for sure thought he was dead. He was behind the tank so I grabbed a long pair of tweezers and VERY carefully removed him from there.
Then he waved his fin just a little and I figured it was nerves, but then he moved again. So I put him in the tank and used the tweezers to circulate water around him. He just kinda drifted down sadly... But then he twitched and tried swimming!!
Sense his tail and back fin was dry he couldn't swim well, so he just kinda laid on the bottom...
He is VERY slowly recovering. He wasn't looking good at all and he kept turning over on his side. Now he is swimming better (although he has a lite wobble to his swim). And the excess mucous isn't looking that bad anymore and is going down.

He's slowly recovering... I hope to do a small water change today to help him out...

Here were photos I took earlier today:
View attachment 308160View attachment 308161

I also have a thread about it
I'm thinking of keeping this one and naming him "Wooble". Not Wobble "Wooble"

That leaf fish is too cool, Juice. What species is Peanutbetta?

I am still waiting for TWS to get royal farlowella in so I can order some more for the Rio Negro tank, and I'm still hoping the weather gets warm enough that I can order some B. rubra for the Sumatra rice paddy. If that doesn't work out I might pick up a couple B. cochina when I'm in Sheridan next month. Dan's Fish has a couple in stock.
Betta pugnax

Nothing hatched yet. I moved my Scleromystax barbatus again. I had put the 4 of them in a 20 while I redid their 15. It's the same base size, and they don't care about depth. They went crazy in the new set up, and I hope they'll spawn soon. When I had them before, they were easy(ish) but this group is more difficult about things.

I had this retirement plan for one large tank of rainbows, and the rest all tanks of killies and Corys. It was really hard getting Corys around here, and the ones I have tracked down are all too young. I seem to have added a few tetras, and am thinking about some Cichlids. I'd like to get some D. filamentosus and may have a line on some wild Pelvicachromis pulcher or P sacrimontis. I could end up with all three, or none. I did combine a pair of wild caught (from Guinea a few weeks ago) Pelvicachromis roloffi this afternoon. I scaped a tank for breeding, then let the female live in it for a couple of weeks. The male just went in. That should offset his grumpiness. And no, I don't have pictures....

In my 120 rainbow tank, I have one Microctenopoma nigrofasciatus female, a dull grey fish. Her spectacular partner jumped out 2 years ago. It drives me crazy, because she is thriving and getting a new male is just this side of finding a unicorn for me.

@Rocky998 I've had a few jumpers make incredible recoveries when I found them in time. Some were pretty dry. Not all recover, but many do.

Most reactions

trending

Back