What Heater Should I Get

why is it lol im not planning to have loads n loads of fish in there so surely ammonia shouldnt be so high?
there is always ammonia present in a tank, so with higher turn over, it is taken to the filter quicker, processed quicker, and areas dont become stagnant pools of un processed ammonia waiting for algae to consume.

so where could i get a decent filter within the range of £20 - £30 which is a decent filter for my tank? or could i get the Fluvel 4+ old Elite Filter from my old tank in there as well?
i would buy a fluval 4+ and use buy a power head, i dont know what the elite filter is like, got a link?

why is it lol im not planning to have loads n loads of fish in there so surely ammonia shouldnt be so high?
there is always ammonia present in a tank, so with higher turn over, it is taken to the filter quicker, processed quicker, and areas dont become stagnant pools of un processed ammonia waiting for algae to consume.

so where could i get a decent filter within the range of £20 - £30 which is a decent filter for my tank? or could i get the Fluvel 4+ old Elite Filter from my old tank in there as well?
i would buy a fluval 4+ and use buy a power head, i dont know what the elite filter is like, got a link?

is it a stingray because there not verygood at either flow rate of filtration

its a little pink one u get it with the mermaid aruarium starter kit lol! ill ave a look for a link

its a little pink one u get it with the mermaid aruarium starter kit lol! ill ave a look for a link
if its small it wont be any good, go with a powerhead

if its small it wont be any good, go with a powerhead

You get it with this!:

http://www.pet-points.com/product_info.php...086442a5511cd57

where can i get a power head for cheap?

that powehead i linked is cheap for what it is, there are only tunzes and koralias which provide that sort of flow. other power heads have flow that is concentrated and not open like the koralia

that powehead i linked is cheap for what it is, there are only tunzes and koralias which provide that sort of flow. other power heads have flow that is concentrated and not open like the koralia

how does it attatch the the filter?

it doesnt, it stick to the glass using magents and suction pads, place it opposite the filter

it doesnt, it stick to the glass using magents and suction pads, place it opposite the filter

so filter say here -------0--------

power head here--------0--------

Simon, I'm afraid a budget of £20 - £30 isn't going to get you anything adequate enough for your size tank, like I said earlier, the bigger the tank, the bigger the costs for everything! The best you can do is stretch your budget and work out what is better for you in the long run, either external filter, or internal filter + powerhead.

Remember, you only get what you pay for! A £30 filter will do the job of a £30 filter and is not enough for your requirements.

To be honest, by the time you have paid for a decent internal filter and a powerhead, you may find an external filter would be the better option, providing you get a good one such as eheim or tetratec

so filter say here -------0--------

power head here--------0--------

tanks
l..............................................l
l_____________________________l

or vica versa

so just at opposite end of the tank facing each other

so just at opposite end of the tank facing each other
I have my power head at the opposite end of the tank, pointing down the long ways of the tank towards the inlet of my filter.

This will create a currant, and also help the filter out as well.

-FHM

i think ill go down the power head route thanks for your advice truckasaurus

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back