What Fish Can You Put With Guppies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

poindexter

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What kind of fish will go with about 5 guppies? I only want to get about 1 or 2 more, is there any sort of fish that thrives by itself? b/c i know many types of fish like to have a little school of friends. welllll just thought i would ask, suggestions greatly appreciated! ~dEx :thumbs:

you can get any other livebearer, molly, platy, swordtail. they'll be fine by themselves

I have my guppies with neons, bronze corys, swordtails and a dwarf gourami and they all seem to be getting along fine. As long as the other fish are not huge (compared to the guppies) than they usually get along well. Though I have heard that bettas sometimes mistake guppies for other bettas and attack them.

yeah, cory, neons are your best bet. actually are very cute if you have 2 around. they are very frendly to all other tankmates and they help to clean your tank.

Hey dexter! As you can see i have a large variety with my guppies, but not reccomended prob' by most(even though there hasn't been a problem). But ya, as said above, my neons and glowlights and cories do fine with my guppies(once in awhile my male chases them, but not agressively). Good luck with the pickings :)

i got guppys platys and mollys in mine and they are all fine just remember the new fish routine thats all

I've got neons and harlequin rasboras in my tank with my guppies. I found a list online that says that you can put in ghost shrimp, dwarf gouramis, neons, rasboras, dwarf frogs, and glass fish. Hope it helps! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back