What Do I Need To Keep An Apple Snail,guppies,and Platys Healthy?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

To our knowledge, the only other record of a dual
cue for ESD comes from the fish Poecilia sphenops, in
which sex determination is cued by the interaction between
temperature and salinity (Baron et al. 2002).
The use of two environmental cues for sex determination

Quoted from a scientific paper about lizards which change sex.
And here is the name of the original paper which stated how they develop sexual characteristics.
BARON, B., F. R. BUCKLE, AND S. ESPINA. 2002. Environmental
factors and sexual differentiation in Poecilia sphenops

Sadly I can't get hold of the full paper to read it. But as of September I will have access to Uni libraries again. So will have access to pretty much any paper you can think of.

Please please please do not get those fish for a 5 gal,

All males in that amount of space will be very aggressive and the fish will be miserable and water quality will be a nightmare.

Please do not blunder off and do this as you will only regret it and lose fish, we are trying to help you.

There are other things to put in a 5 gal than a betta,

shrimp
apple snail
pygmy cories

I'm begging you not to do what you say you are wanting to, we will help you but first you must listen to our advise.

Please please please do not get those fish for a 5 gal,

I'AM GETTING ALL MALES.And u know what i realized today? That its my tank,they will be my fish,im going to put them in 5 gallons!

P.S. Im not asking anymore qestions on this site.See ya!

Well, they'll either be back in a few weeks, freaking out about why things are going bad, or they'll watch things go bad and care more about their ego than about taking care of the fish.

No big loss, 'cept for the fish...

Agree with ninjasmurf.

To be honest, people who are as ignorant and irresponsible as you shouldn't be allowed to keep fish.

If it wasn't for the fishes health being the main focus, I would actually wish it all went wrong, you may learn then!

You wont be any big loss to the forum, I challenge you to go find another forum with members who have the same knowledge and experience, and if you do find another, guess what? they'll tell you the same as we did!

Andy

What exactly is the point of coming on to a forum (or any information service) and asking a question and then completely disregarding the advice and information that you are given, and given by a number of different members...?

They may as well opened the original post with a statement "I am putting a load of fish in a tiny water filled box, whether you like it or not".

Oh well, no loss to the forum and it's the poor fishies that I feel sorry for...

If i could swear on this forum then believe me id be off on one right now giving that *ahem* misguided young person a peice of my mind.

Luckily i have more intelligence than that.

I'm appaled.

It does make you wonder why they actually came here in the first place though...
As in I genuinely don't understand why they came here....

Hey, you guys need to lay off of betta527! I know exactly where she's coming from. Just the other day I was in Best Buy and was talking to the sales associate there. I told him I had a 15 year old tube TV and a 4 head VHS player and asked him what I needed to be able to watch movies in 1080p. Can you believe he told me that I needed an HDTV and a Blu-ray player?!?! It was at that moment that I realized that it was MY TV and MY VHS PLAYER and I was going to watch it in 1080p regardless, which I screamed at the sales associate and stormed out of the door vowing to never buy anything from them again! Take that Best Buy! :p

/end sarcasm

It does make you wonder why some people even bother taking the time to register and ask for responses to a question for which they've already formulated their own answer.

To be honest I think that the only thing they would have reacted positively too is if we'd said.

"The only way you can make them happy and healthy is by adding more fish! They'll really enjoy the company so get more..."

:rolleyes:

Btw lol @ Jonchall

Hey, you guys need to lay off of betta527! I know exactly where she's coming from. Just the other day I was in Best Buy and was talking to the sales associate there. I told him I had a 15 year old tube TV and a 4 head VHS player and asked him what I needed to be able to watch movies in 1080p. Can you believe he told me that I needed an HDTV and a Blu-ray player?!?! It was at that moment that I realized that it was MY TV and MY VHS PLAYER and I was going to watch it in 1080p regardless, which I screamed at the sales associate and stormed out of the door vowing to never buy anything from them again! Take that Best Buy! :p

/end sarcasm

It does make you wonder why some people even bother taking the time to register and ask for responses to a question for which they've already formulated their own answer.
:lol: wow great!

Most reactions

Back