What Camera Have You Got?

I've had a Fuji Finepix, Kyocera, Panasonic, Canon Powershot & Pentax K100D. The Fuji & Canon are the best as far as I'm concerned. The Pentax should have been better but I got a dodgy camera and it is still crap today. The Fuji has always given good results and cost a lot less than the Pentax. The Canon gives equally good results and has a much bigger zoom range.

Gaz, need some help. the photos i have been taking have been great ( imo), but when i went to have them printed in jessops, the colours were a bit much, the ones i zoomed on had noise on them, i am a bit dissapointed to be honest- think the colours may just be real but better than im used to if you get what i mean, but the noise one was of my little boy in the bath and i zoomed in to get his face- now that bathroom is only about 6 ft wide so u can imagine that i didnt zoom too much, so why the noise??, dont get me wrong on the pc the pics look fab and im really pleased with the camera, to such an extent that im thinking of doing a photography course, but i really wanted some nice quality pics to frame, instead the ones i have have been stuck in a frame and put on top of the fish tank :(.. bit of a shame really given who my step dad is- Len Bateman
anyway any tips, im trying to read the book that came with it, but its a bit over my head and i really want to acheieve a picture , that looks natural and has depth, rather than " stand there and say cheese"

cheers in advance
shelagh xxx

I am guessing the camera is in auto mode and is auto choosing the ISO for you.

That is the cause of the noise.

Reduce the ISO, and choose a lower f number if you can, your camera will probably do this automatically for you if you zoom out, take the picture, then use a photo editing software to crop the pic so your subject fills most of the frame.

with standard lenses, the f number increases the further you zoom, the f number is basically the eye of the camera, the bigger the number the smaller the eye, and so the camera's brain increases the ISO to get enough light into the picture to correctly expose it.

professional lenses have a constant aperture (f number) the whole way through their zoom range, but they are quite expensive.

I have just googled your camera, I see it has an aperture of f2.8 - f5.0. so when you are zoomed right out you'll have an f number of 2.8 which should cope with most of the dimmest of situations.

Regarding the saturation of the images, PC monitors display the pics differently to the one on your camera screen.
You can get monitor calibrators so you get the exact same image as the one on your camera display, but they are about £200 and not really worth it unless you do pro stuff.

If you plan on using Jessops to print your pics all the time, reduce the saturation in the camera settings.

If you print your own pics at home, just print some test copies and adjust the camera settings accordingly so they dont look washed out or over saturated. It wont give the professional results you would get with a monitor calibrator, but it is alot cheaper and the results should be pleasing.

hope that helps, any other questions just ask

I've got a fujifilm S5600 (i think?) Not an amazing camera, but gives good shots and has 10x optical zoom so i'm happy with it! was £99 in argos a while back

couple of "arty" shots i took with it:

Lock.jpg

2007_0209feb070019.jpg

shell2.jpg

2006_0101First0013.jpg

2006_0101First0011.jpg

playful.jpg
(edited in photoshop)

Nikon D40, with kit lens(18-55) and the 55-200. Its nice, it works great for me seeing as im only 13.so yez. I had to pay for it myself, and it was greatly worth the $600.

Never saw this thread,
not sure how Many Cameras i have TBH(Dads been a Photographer for over 40yrs - Apprentice to WH Denning and WC Clarke), i think around 20-30 in total. some of which are more than 50 yrs old and still working fine.

ATM i am sticking with my Nikon D70S

I have:
Lieca's
RollieFlex - I know i have a Concertina and sliding Rollieflex Somewhere
Hasselblad
Canon
Nikon
Pentax
Sony
Fuji
A Few Old School Victorian Camera Boxes with the Flash Powder and all the Works.

Will try and Get Pix of them all in the next few days, they are in my parents' room and the attic

how do u get photoshop?? i only use photobucket and its not that good compared to what ian has showed

hi shelagfishface,

if you mean the program you can get a trialware for free on their website
cost a fortune for the complete program - - i'm using adobe photoshop cs3 extended - -
downloaded it for "free" from isohunt(torrent)

and about the Cameras - - i'm a canon fan --

canon.JPG

need to upgrade my camera though - -it's an A75 powershot :lol:

still does the job though - - :D

I sold my Panasonic DMC-FZ18 and moved on to a DSLR, the Panasonic DMC-L10.
I've got the kit lens, but I've just been shooting with a friends old Soviet-era Helios 44-2 58mm f2, and I love it - so bright :D.
2739114531_9a2c626a3c_b.jpg

It's great for fish portraits :D.
2739134555_2eb2cd6dde_b.jpg

Nikon D80 with 18-135 lense. Jessops power zoom flash

Plus a couple of good Canon (point and squirt) compacts.

Nikon D80 with 18-135 lense. Jessops power zoom flash

Plus a couple of good Canon (point and squirt) compacts.

panasonic dmc fz50. is not bad, just wish the eye view is not a digital image. i also have a casio one, which is just a compact one - good for nights out where i can just click and shoot. ;)

Canon EOS350D

- EFS 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 II
- EF 28-80mm 1:3.5-5.6 II
- EF 50mm 1.8 II
- EF 90-300mm f4.5-5.6 USM (58mm)
- Sigma 70-210 F3.5-4.5 APO Macro
- Opteka 420-800mm

All entry level lenses atm but hopefully moving onto the L series, one day -_-

I bought a Canon G9

I love it. Just about compact and takes great shots and very configurable.

Oh and Paint.net is a good free product not amazing but definatly worth it for small ammendments and some arty changes.

Most reactions

Back