Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Well.... Darn

Discussion in 'Marine and Reef Chit Chat' started by DutchMuch, Apr 18, 2017.

1. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Fishaholic

warning i dont sugarcoat my comments May seem Rude
    I have also seen or heard of corals being WAY down there. Like im the "I cant see my hand against my eye" zone of the ocean. That or Sponges, or both!

• Like Like x 1
  2. GobyMaster11276

GobyMaster11276 Fish Crazy

This statement is incorrect. Even google it. Corals were around 542 millions years ago, and were scarce at the time (according to fossil records).

Also, in terms of global warming, it can work both ways (making the world warmer and colder). Also remember that humans are damaging the ozone layers.

This comment is pointless, and unrelated. Are you saying that science isn't "a real job"?

Not sure about your country but ours has been for about 30 years.
    "Over the last 30 years, the Australian Institute of Marine Science has been monitoring the condition of the Great Barrier Reef. Teams of divers have been surveying coral cover along the entire 2,000km length of the reef for decades."

Have you got any evidence to back this? (Search "CO2 levels in the atmosphere since 1850 graph" to see the change since the industrial revolution. Is it really a hoax?)

El Ninos happen about every two to seven years.

Two.png

one.png

3. GobyMaster11276

You do realise how fragile corals are, don't you? Even a 1-2 degrees Celsius change for prolonged periods could kill them. If they get deeper it won't help them.

4. GobyMaster11276

What do you mean by "I can't see my hand against my eye"?

5. GobyMaster11276

Please look at these graphs. One shows that the was warming from 2001 onward, and another shows warming of more than 0.6 to 0.8. If there had been "natural" warming, why did it start with the industrial revolution (see my earlier reply)? And why have we recently had the warmest days/years on record? 2016-01_p2.png

fig13-b.png

6. GobyMaster11276

The below graph shows a reconstruction of the controversial hockey stick graph you mentioned. It shows the Medieval Warm Period that you mention, but as you see that was much more gradual, and overall lower, than the modern rise.

Moberg_Hockey_Stick.gif

7. GobyMaster11276

Could you please link/reference your sources about the ice cores? I found this when I tried to search for it: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...-rises-disproving-the-link-to-global-warming/. This website says: "The lag proves that rising CO2 did not cause the initial warming as past ice ages ended, but it does not in any way contradict the idea that higher CO2 levels cause warming." So in a sense, you are correct that it isn't the cause, but CO2 is making is worse. Another website said,"CO2 didn't initiate warming from past ice ages but it did amplify the warming. In fact, about 90% of the global warming followed the CO2 increase." Basically, the rise in CO2 amplifies the warming, making it many times worse, as that statistic says. If we emit high amounts like we do, then we are responsible for it. Also remember we are responsible for other emissions as well, such as methane, which also contribute to the problem. These are always shadowed by CO2, because it's the biggest issue, but they're still there.

8. GobyMaster11276

I forgot to say in my last comment, CO2 is a main driving force, but it did not start the warming. I believe that the gradual temperature change our planet was slowly going through has been massively boosted due to the recent green house gas boost (starting with the industrial revolution) and is now the massive problem we face, which possibly threatens our future.

#23 GobyMaster11276, Apr 21, 2017 at 7:16 PM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 7:23 PM
  9. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Fishaholic

I love everything StevenF said because it wasn't influenced by what I consider lies for the most part, ill type more but you can look this over while I do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Fishaholic

He didn't say science wasn't a real job, most scientist are responsible and work. He is saying that some particular people who "research" a certain "subject" half as* it and just farm money for a "living." (so many quotes sorry). Meaning they are studying something that is obviously pointless.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17453-timeline-the-evolution-of-life/
    "Between 700 and 600 million years ago, the oceans gradually became more oxygenated, meaning more enriched with oxygen. Fossils of animals dating to 650 million years ago have been found."
    https://www.seeker.com/sponges-likely-paved-the-way-for-all-life-on-earth-1768368652.html

can you give the link to where that quote came from? Thanks in advance.

This is where me and stevens discussion of ocean levels come in, idk if you read that or not seems unlikely.

Its English for "its dark."

#25 DutchMuch, Apr 21, 2017 at 7:39 PM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 7:46 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Fishaholic

Just want a simple answer: what is the problem?

Hate how you cant edit a post while adding a quote?... since it looks like im spamming now...
    If (just giving an example) the/a president blocks everyone in and out of the U.S from coming or going, isn't it a coincidence that he is the president at the time of this happening????

• Like Like x 1
  12. GobyMaster11276

Yeah, these quotes are getting out of control.
    I was just saying that corals weren't around 700 million years ago, as mentioned.

No problem. Here's the link. http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/4553792.htm

I did read that by the way.

Never heard that before. Always learning.

13. GobyMaster11276

I didn't say there was a problem with getting a simple answer.

14. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Fishaholic

550 Ma First fossil evidence for Ctenophora (comb jellies), Porifera (sponges), Anthozoa (corals and sea anemones)
    You said that 700m years ago corals didn't exist, trying to prove they did and I agree with stevenF (again).

so basically you dodged my question?

More interesting read links I suggest to you:
    https://books.google.com/books?id=i...e corals around 700 million years ago&f=false
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-fish-similar-todays-far-earlier-thought.html

• Like Like x 1
  15. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Fishaholic

• Like Like x 1