We have a new moderator....Let's all welcome GaryE

Wow, another great choice in mod! I haven't been here that long really, in terms of the forums age, but I know since I've been here that everytime someone has been promoted to mod, I've thought "oh, they're a brilliant choice!" and I think the thoughtful selection when it comes to picking new mods is the reason this forum has remained such a great resource in the hobby for so many years!

I don't have the patience or personality to do it - I did help mod a large facebook community for about a year once, long ago. Nothing to do with fish, or anything terribly important, and I did really like the mod team that invited me to join them and help out as one of the group of mods. There are fun aspects, but it's also often a thankless task, requires patience, tact, and often stress when things go wrong, or people clash and affect the rest of the group. Plus the constant scammers/trolls etc. I don't regret doing it for that year, but it was also a big drain on my time, and when the drama became too silly, with other groups on the same topic getting seriously heated over some silly FB group thing, I was relieved when I decided to step down! Remained friends with the other mods, but don't regret stepping down, and you couldn't pay me to mod or admin a forum or group again! I like to be an active member when I can, and help people when I can, but from my personal experience I know how difficult it can be, and thankless since a lot of the work is behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly, so unnoticed by most.

@GaryE is wise, patient, kind, very experienced and knowledgeable - and also happens to be a wonderful writer with a great sense of humour and a great deal of compassion. All of the mods here are great, and thank you Gary for being willing to step up and join the mod team that make this place such a great space for hobbyists to gather, share and learn more, and even make friends. So a quick thank you to all the other mods (I don't want to tag you all and be annoying, but you all know who you are!) for everything you guys do.

In your luxury offices with incredible aquariums and the great money.... wow! Okay, I said you couldn't pay me to be a mod, and that's true - but I would definitely pay to come and visit the office aquariums! Plus I heard that TFF has like a little holiday resort that the mods get to use when they throw their wild parties and initiations?

What's a hobbyist gotta do to get an invite to the resort?

tropical resort.jpg

I usually check "what's new" when I log in here, and the sidebar that tells you who is online that you follow, and which mods are online, you know the boxes? Was odd for a moment @GaryE when I just hit what's new, and saw your name and profile pic in the mod list! It might take me a bit to remember that you're a mod now. :)

Speaking of mods - I know @Wills has retired from being a mod now, but hope you're still around, buddy, I haven't been on the forums in threads much lately, just pms and my own threads at the moment, so don't know who is posting about what lately or where everyone is at in their hobby, but miss @Wills input and smarts, hope to still see lots of you and your beautiful tanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back