Vinny's Fish House Up N Running (Finally)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Got a couple of Elephant Nose, One hasn't made the transition but other seems ok, an they said they will have more in tomorrow so gonna get another 6 an 6 Albino Tigers then this tank is done unless I come across a few Whiptails.

So, finally ordered 25 x Celotex 50mm High quality performance insulation Boards. 1200 x 2400mm. Looking forward to them being delivered on Tuesday, then i can finally sort out the temps in there. 

Unfortunately I lost both elephant Noses, but not one other fish, not sure they were the best batch as water seems fine

Great thread... good luck with the insulation... do keep us updated.

any elephant nose left vIN?

Both of them died mate, I'm gonna give them a call in a sec to see if they did get them in, they've said it a few times now though. Think one was just weak as it was hiding behind the heater in the shop, that died almost straight away, the other I think got trapped in my weir, Im struggling with that now, a few have made it in to there, that's the only one to die though. 

No joy, told this Wednesday. Only reason I'm keeping on with these is they are on my doorstep,

things not quite gone to plan with the insulation. My dad who is doing it, only had 4 days this time and hasn't finished it. I will have 1 wall not done at all, maybe even a bit of the roof. Not ideal considering it will get to -6 tonight. I am off to buy a heater for in there now. have it on for a few hours a night an hopefully it wont drop too bad then, it was definitely warmer in there than normal this morning. I will add a few pics of it as it stands soon

So, been a while since I updated this, to be honest up until now there's not been much to update on. But this week we have finally finished the insulation an creation of the loft an ceiling. I personally think it looks a lot better now, but still needs some work in building a massive stand round the walls, which will create more space in there. Also the14ft tank will then be able to go along the left hand wall. Here are a couple of vids I've taken to show the difference. I'm not sure why whenever I upload these videos nowadays the quality is destroyed, but if you look at the old videos above you will see a massive difference in the room.

I will put up a post after this with the tanks an stocklists

Tour of the fish house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHtKcbRxUkk

Updated 200 gallon.. Soon to be my grow out tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGn7-X_1io

Any advice on how to stop things ruining the quality much appreciated lol. I only use my Iphone, but the quality is great on that, as soon as I upload it goes to pot.

Please excuse the carpet, its what we took out the house when we moved in, at the moment its rough cuts but there's still a load more so I will still be using it, but it should fill the whole place

It's been a while since my last update on this, so thought i better get back to it. The Garage is fully insulated now thankfully, and the temps never dropped at all throughout Winter so all seems good on that part.

As for the tanks, me an my dad have now built stands right the way along 2 sides of the garage, so essentially 20ft along the back, then about 16 along the other. I currently have 6 set ups going that are ;

200Gallon - Large Oddball, 1 x 22" Golden Clown Knife, 1 x 17" Spotted Gar, 1 x Datnoide Micolepis, 1 x Sailfin Plec, 1 x Ornate Bichir, 1 x Endi Bichir, 1 x Delhezi Bichir, 1 x Tucan Fish, 1 x Giraffe cat, Pair of Green Terrors.

100 Gallon - Planted, Heavy with Bogwood

55 Gallon Cubed - Blue Lobster, Bristlenose Plec an lots of Shrimp

55 gallon Long - Grow out tank for the 200. This has Elephant Nose, African Knife, 3 Senegal Bichir, 2 Tucan's.

40 Gallon - Bristlenose breeding, few Gourami's

15 Gallon - Dwarf Puffer tank

I have just built the stand for the 12' x 4' x 2' tank. This will mean the 200 an the 55 Long fish, each move up a tank. I wanted to go 3 foot high on this new tank, but the cost nearly doubled, just couldn't justify that, when most of my fish will likely be bottom dwellers anyway. I will upload some pics later as it is now. I will also try to keep it properly updated throughout now

Thanks, Vinny

Your links dont work. Photobucket is playing games

Your links dont work. Photobucket is playing games

They worked on my laptop last night, are you trying from work by any chance? mine wont work from my work computer as Photobucket blocked

I am at home, The issue is with photobucket.

Excellent effort to post pics, Vinny. Unfortunately, as with Nick, I can't see them (at home). The messsage says to update your account to allow 3rd party hosting.

Most reactions

Back