Very Shallow Aquarium - Too Shallow?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

what about some brigitte rasboras (i'm getting some of these ) you could have lots of these in a tank like that
they only grow to less than an inch but are very colourful little fish my LFS are getting some for me costing 6 for £5

just a thought

search Boraras brigittae in google

cheers Sarah xx

Female bettas would be just fine, considering that they can live in small containers. And I'm guessing fish that are used to living in creeks, like zebra danios and white cloud mountain minnows would be happy enough as well.

If you're only going to be viewing this tank from above it would be a good idea to make the box out of plywood and then line it with pine liner, this would be a lot cheaper and stronger.

As far as fish go khuli loaches would be good. If you can figure out a good way of lighting it you could make it into a El Natural planted tank and eliminate most of the filtering problems.

You'd have to choose plants very carefully... most of them wouldn't appreciate such a small amount of growing space.

Kuhli loaches would look great!

Hi everyone sorry for the delayed response, I have just got back form overseas.

Thanks for all the info, I now feel confident that I can find a couple of species of fish and plants that will survive (and be happy) in this strange aquarium. I have no doubt that I will be back with more questions over the next few weeks as I finalise the project and I will make sure I give you an update with pics once it is complete.

Cheers,
Brad

how are you going to filter a 3.5 inch deep tank it will be to shallow for a internal filter and if its a table a external filter is out

there maybe fish you can keep in a tank like this but you still need to maintain good water

You could put multi shell dwelling cichlids in a tank those dimnsions

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back