Veiltail Questions

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Reaction score
I was just wondering why veiltaisls are so popular? I mean I love them, I have 6, but if breeders are working on the fancy types, then where do all the veiltails come from? Are their people that just do veiltails for the major pet stores, or are they just easier to breed than the other types? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I am just confused. Thanks.

veiltails popular becuase there is a massive ammount of them... in south east asia many veiltails produce and thats why it's common in local petstores. mostly all betta types come from south east asia..hope that helps

veil-tails are cheap. they are mass produced on betta farms in south east asia because big chains buy them in bulk and only think about the bottom line ie. profit. it makes no sense to them to bring in fancy strains because they wouldn't be able to sell them for the same price as veil-tails. you have to understand that for the longest time veil-tails were the "standard", it's only in the last 20 years that most of the fancy strains like crown-tail, super delta etc. have even come into existance. i'm sure things will (and are) changing as consumers become more savvy about what they want but until fancy strains become more common and price comes down (supply and demand) expect to see veil-tails as the majority at big chain stores and LFS.
having said all that let me emphasize that there is nothing wrong with veil-tails, they are indeed spectacular fish in their own right and anyone who owns one should be proud ;)
also wanted to add that until someone figure out a way to breed more than 5 - 10% half-moon per spawn they will continue to be a high priced fish. that's why true half-moons sell for upwards to $100, they are rare.

i went 2 a walmart and they were crowntails there, they all had tails that looked like ones if seen on this forum.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back