Veil Tail vs Delta

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BeccaBlain

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just started with Bettas, and I can't tell if my "Veil tail" is a actually that, or a detail. I put him in front of the mirror and his tail appears to be a | at the end. Does this signify a delta?

But I read somewhere that the drooping tails were actually veils, and his tail does droop quite a bit.

I'm getting so confused. :)

Thanks, I wish I had a picture to show of him, so I could know for certain.

Becca

a delta or super delta is when the tail is rounded. if you got your betta at a LFS then he is most likly to be a veiltail. only on rare(becoming less rare) do walmart and places like petsmart sell crowntails, deltas, halfmoons, and doubletails. i could be wrong but im pretty sure not. a pic still would help.

I got my Betta from a serious fish store. (small, little place, with excellent quality fish and a reputation for quarentining all fish before putting them on display -- Bettas included.)

I think hes a delta, comparing him to other pictures. He has an odd coloration, but his tail is all one length when he fans it out. (Veils don't have this I dont think?)

Becca

pictures, doesnt sound like a delta to me, but i could be wrong. just get a picture please.

Once I get a camera, I'll get a picture. I have to pop out for a tank saturday, and its either keep the betta happy or take pictures of the betta :)

Eh, it doesn't matter what type he is, really. I love 'im all the same. Its just curiousity.

Becca

Most reactions

Back