Various Fish Free To A Good Home, Pick Up Only

dthoffsett

I'm a girl . . . yup, definitely a girl. =)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, I'm sad to say that I have to give up all of my fish and get out of the hobby, at least for now.

In August or September, I'm going to be moving a couple of states away, and since I'm hiring a moving company to move my stuff there's no guarantee that the tanks will arrive at the same time I do. Plus it's a 9 hour drive and I have cats as well, so I've made the hard decision to give all of my fish away, and sell my tanks.

All fish will need to be rehomed before any of the tanks, with the exception of one, can be sold, so I'll just list the fish for now. As stated in the title, they will be pick up only, since I'm trying to avoid stressing the fish by moving with them I don't want to ship them. Though I would be willing to drive up to 3 hours away and meet someone if necessary.

African Cichlids:
4 adult pseudotropheus acei, ranging in size from 6-7", at least 1f & 1m, they've been trying to breed but the others keep eating their eggs.
4 adult metriaclima callainos, 2 females (3.5-4"), 2 males (5-5.5"), both females have bred successfully, both males are dominate and have divided the tank, they are a gorgeous powder blue and would do best in either a very large tank with plenty of females or separated.
5 adult labidochromis caeruleus, at least 1 male and 2 females, unsure of the other 2, ranging is size from 3.5-4.5", 3 have a beautiful lemon yellow coloration. The 2 females tend to be a lighter color with a muddied coloration especially when holding, however, their offspring has alway had the bright lemon coloring.
1 adult female pseudotropheus crabro, she is by far my favorite fish and I'm gutted I have to let her go. She's about 6-6.5", gorgeous colors with bright clear bars. She's very docile but doesn't allow any of the males to push her around, and is generally ignored by the dominate callainos.

Community fish
2 male platy (Xiphophorus maculatus), orange bodies with black fins
5 harlequin rasbora (Trigonostigma heteromorpha)
5 Pristella or X-ray tetras (Pristella maxillaris), one is slightly disformed, but eats very well
5 zebra danios (Danio rerio), very active, I enjoy watching them a lot
5 assorted corys, 3 bronze (Corydoras aeneus), and 2 Corydoras leucomelas I believe.

I will happily provide pics upon request.

Tanks for sale
Until the fish are rehomed, the only tanks I have for sale are:
2 Standard 10 gal - $5 ea or both for $8
1 wrought iron stand, can hold either a 10gal or standard 20gal, has a wire shelf underneath - $10

I would prefer to rehome these fish to members on here that I know will take care of them, but if I haven't heard from anyone in 2 weeks, I'll be posting on other sites. Thanks - Dawn

Since no one on here was close enough to pick up any of the fish, I put an add in local paper. Much to my surprise, the first two (of about 15 calls now :crazy: ) that came to look at them, decided they wanted the fish with the tanks. So, I managed to sell 2 tanks and rehome all the fish in one day. :shout: Now I'm looking so forward to breaking down the tanks and getting the fish ready for transport. Oh joy. :rolleyes:

I have to admit, I'm really going to miss my fish and it will be hard to wait until I move to set up new tanks. -Dawn

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back