Tropical FF Pet Peeves

I "hate" it when I go a UK pet chain and all the fish are dead or dying, full of disease and septacemic, yet being sold to unsuspecting public with no knowledge. Sorry just got back from there buying pet suppies and feel very, very upset. Just about to email the head office, and possibly the RSPCA :angry:

I hate the countless threads about walmart, and other chain stores saying how bad they are, it gets old.

Well there you go! That told me didnt it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: Obviously not everyonce cares about the welfare of animals, and by the way I am in the UK.

Blimey whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?

Agreed :lol:

I hate the propogation of information that has not been backed up by any personal research. How many people simply go on what they are told instead of actually researching to see what is true and what is not.

People who jump to conclusions about a persons setup with regards to their fish.

People assuming that not cycling is the beginning and end of all problems in the aquarium (and those who are about to disagree with that - well, that is more irritation than hate)

Not knowing the cause of a fish dying.

Always struggling with the desire to move things in the tank (wouldn't that look better like that?, etc)

unsuccessful spawnings...

Oh, and algae!

Domestic crises that come between me and my fishtanks. WHY do people have to fall down the stairs, mislay their homework or develop mysterious ailments just when I am busy feeding bloodworm to my babies or reading up about some new and handsome loricariid? Do you think I'll EVER them trained? :/

Also, snails that get into the gravel vac and clog up the suction. :angry:

I know what you mean and I do ignore the 'science'. I also know that people need information but being new to fish keeping simple answers are easy to understand, then we don't have to keep on asking till it sinks in. :)

P.S. I do think that most people are very willing to do their best to help and this is a great fish forum!!

Agreed. LOL

As for the science, I guess it could be 'limited' based on what the original poster asked for. Probably best to just do a separate thread ,eg, 'Bicarb and alkalinity' and just let people cruise thru it if they are interested.

Another one:

-those tanks at the lfs with a half a dozen fish species pencilled in with those psychodelic crayons......and there are either no fish in the tank or you can't match up anything that even comes close to an ecsenius stigmatura or lacustris rainbow. DOH.

SH

A million things already mentioned, but also:
  1. The readiness of some to jump down other peoples throats - take a pill, relax, listen and then asnwer. Your answer is likely to be much more useful that way;
  2. People complaining about other posts - don't read it!!
  3. High turnovers in certain sections - can't do anything about it but it drives me mad when I look back and see what I've missed
  4. Getting kicked out of chat 3 times in one night - then trying to go back only to discover you're still logged in!
  5. People who go to bed without saying goodbye - you all know who you are!
  6. Excessive use of scientific names - why??? There is a reason fish have common names - to help us commoners ID them because we can't speak Latin!
Think that's it for now
:p

People that complain about how many post counts you have. Like with me some people complain that I have over 3000 post in less than a year. :rolleyes:

People who think they know alot just because of their rank on the forum based on their post count.

Most reactions

Back