Tropical FF Pet Peeves

I also hate it when an old shop owner tries to debunk everything I have learned on here.

..good one tttnjfttt...there is no better teacher than experience.

Apprentice.....journeyman......craftsman. SH

People who ask advice, then ignore it, or, people who ask advice, get 10 or so replies, then cherry pick the best ones to apply to them.

Or people who write one thing online, and then when you speak to them on MSN or PM's they've done something else :/
Man. i so forgot the giving advice to people when they ask for it and them ignoring it one. ARGGGHHHHH!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Um, most of the ones already listed. Also...
~Shops that have an absolutely amazing selection of fish (in comparison to everywhere else in the area) but have dead fish in every tank and ignore any dead/dying fish.
~Shops that give completely stupid tank sizes, eg, I saw a sign on a tank with a RTC in saying 'may reach 27" in a 48" tank'.
~People that ask the same question to many different groups of people in the vain hope one of them will give the answer they want.
~People who don't seem to think that shops are only normally after your money and would tell you fish lived happily out of water if they thought it would make a sale.

Hate is such a powerful word, I prefer the term dislike.

I dislike, Newbies that come here asking for advice and get irked when not told what they want to hear.

oh and I dislike people that moan for the sake of moaning (you know who you are :p )

i hate it when someone posts advice then someone else either repeats it or just says agreed

i hate it when someone posts advice then someone else either repeats it or just says agreed
Sometimes two people are posting the same info at once. I know I have seen this happen many times. Also, when people say they agree, it helps to validate the info. I know when I post a question, I don't take the first answer as a definitive answer. I often wait to see what other people say, even if it is just I agree. Basically, it makes me more confident in what I am doing.

I think it's great when people post the same sort of answer to a single question, on the basis that it hits home as advice. I've seen plenty of nonsense advice written on here (by people trying to be helpful but not knowing the answer to the question at hand) and when many people offer the same advice, it helps I think.

You can also add to my peeves people who ask for how many fish they can cram into tiny tanks., and set up new tanks, when they have fish which are incorrectly housed.

Not allowed to name names, right? Ok....it really bothers me when I see someone like the fridge-gas posts an outstanding answer then someone who is clearly new picks up a few bits of that response and repeats it like they wrote it :lol:

Also when the people in the pet store gives one of those "big sighs" like I am bothering them when I ask them to catch something fast like a loach. You don't want to have to catch them? then don't stock them.

I really don't like over-stocked tanks, it looks horrible and stresses the fish. Mine is under-stocked and the fish are healthy and happy. :) I've had people repeat things that I've said and I don't mind at all. I've done it too, would make a very long post to do all the credits!

I dont like when people comment on anything that has to do with animal cruelty. Such as when I tell about how animals are tortured/treated, and people deny it and lol and say how much they enjoy their meat even though I have the sites right in my sig backing me up. It honestly makes me feel worthless and like Im talking to a brick wall. Do people care?

Edit: I dont care if people eat meat- I do occasionally too, I just wish they wouldnt rub it in my face and laugh.

I dont like when people comment on anything that has to do with animal cruelty. Such as when I tell about how animals are tortured/treated, and people deny it and lol and say how much they enjoy their meat even though I have the sites right in my sig backing me up. It honestly makes me feel worthless and like Im talking to a brick wall. Do people care?

Edit: I dont care if people eat meat- I do occasionally too, I just wish they wouldnt rub it in my face and laugh.

Yeah but, this is tropical fish peeves, not "peeves with people who eat meat" ;)

My pet peeve is like for example earlier today when a new person posted a video of an oscar eating a live mouse there were at least 10 people saying they hated it. But I thought it was kinda funny but didn't say anything because I knew there would be over 20 more post of people bashing me and saying that I'm a horrible person for liking such a thing even though it seems funny as h**l. Or when like with my common pleco when it was in my 10g I was getting bashed left and right about how I was harming the fish but I was getting it a bigger home and them telling me I had to return it. But I would have thought they would have shut up when I told them it was being moved into my long 20g then into a bigger tank but they didn't. Another pet peeve is when people start trolling just to get people angry like when this person said they had a silver arowana in a 180 liter I believe and it had drop eye and they said that they were just going to return it and get alot of money off it and then get a smaller one then do what they did again.

Most reactions

Back