The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looking much better today, guys!

Nitrite: 0-0.5 ppm
Nitrate: 40 ppm
Ammonia: approx .75 ppm

For kickers:

Chlorine, Alkalinity, and pH are all PERFECTO! Like I said before, I added some live bacteria, and I have to assume that's helping. I will test again tonight, hopefully we'll see similar numbers, or better. 

Any more advice/things I should watch out for?

Just a quick question, I've been using the Fluval Bacteria, I put some in yesterday and today, and it comes with a dosage regamine: 10ml per 10 gallons whenever you put it in (assuming the tank is already populated with fish). I cannot find anywhere the reason or science behind this given regamine... Can anyone explain to me the reason/why I can't or shouldn't put more in? Is there such a thing as too much beneficial bacteria? Thanks!

That is really only used when trying to jump start the cycle on a new tank.  Once you are cycled and especially when you have fish in, you should not add any chemicals or meds if you can avoid it.

Even better today!

Ammonia: .50ppm
Nitrate: 80ppm
Nitrite: 0-0.5ppm

Is the high Nitrate level to be expected?

Hey, all....

So this morning I looked into my tank and noticed there's a few clusters of bubbles floating at the top. I'm assuming this has something to do with oxygen possibly being a byproduct of the cycling process. Is this means for concern? 

Ammonia: approx .25 - .50ppm
Nitrate: 80ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back