Third Day Of Fishless Cycle.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Either way would be acceptable, really. You could let it go for another week, and it will clear on its own. Or, you could do the water change, and it would be gone immediately.

I would suggest that it is probably NOT the gravel that's causing the cloudiness. It can, but for a matter of hours not days.

even though my team Coventry city are now in the worst position than they have ever been,and that's saying a lot as they are one of the oldest clubs in the country!.

Sheesh, you think Coventry's in a bad state........ You've noticed where I live, have you?

I like pompey there a good team with budget issues the same as us. It's all about money in football which is the biggest downfall, administration fees, ground rent it's all taking the spirit out of the game,unless your a team like Chelsea or man utd

Just a quick update, my ammonia dropped to 0.5 ppm yesterday so I added just 2.5 ml of ammonia this time which got me to the desired 4ppm,came down this morning to a clear tank: )
I'll check the ammonia this evening and see if they're is any nitrite being processed aswell.
Patients is the key: )

It seems you are learning the key to fishkeeping. ;-)

Getting bogwood now isn't a bad idea, but getting plants is, IMHO. Plants need light and light + ammonia = algae. I'd suggest that you consider your hardscape while staring at the tank. Rocks, bogwood, etc. can be fun to play with. Depending on your stocking plans, you should look into some cave type structures.

My cories love the slate "caves" I put in and have successfully spawned after that. The cave is a bit like a lean-to for the cories. They dug the sand out under it a bit more - or my BN pleco did. My BN did dig out the sand under my mopani to hang out there on his own. He swishes the water and the sand flies around to make a deeper hole. He LOVES it. In fact, he hangs out there almost exclusively, except for feeding time (and night, I guess). Still no algae at all in the tank, so I assume he makes his rounds.

OK thanks for the tip,I've been cycling without the lights on anyway so a little longer won't harm,I'll look into the bogwood and a hide as I hope to have around 6 panda cories?.Do you suggest waiting till I am stocked to add the plants then?

I'd say stocking the plants and fish at the same time would work well. Just put the plants in before the fish. The fish will want a place to hide at first after joining the new tank. Soon after they will start exploring, once they feel secure.\

6 pandas are a good number.

I suppose that makes more sense,I'm ordering my plants online so I'll need to get my timing right for when I buy the fish.
I'll be checking my ammonia /nitrite in an hour or so, I'll poSt the results.

You can put the plants in a bit earlier, if necessary.

And you don't even have fish yet!!!
whistling.gif

Watch out for MTS!!!
big_boss.gif
(Multiple Tank Syndrome)

Most reactions

Back