Thinking of doing some rearranging...

Koda

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok...two of my tanks have cories and platies in them.One tank also has a male betta and the other has a female betta.All seem to get along fine.I am thinking of putting all the platies in the tank with the female betta,and all the cories in with the male betta.The cories and platies are both mixed varieties but I thought they might be happier together.I do like the diversity of having a mix in each tank though.What do you all think?

Thanks...

Koda

Try it and see if you note a dif in the cory behavior as there will be more to school. Let us know what you observe with this...

ALASKA

Teelie said:
Not sure female Betta and Platies will go together.
This female betta already has platie tankmates.She seems to be pretty mellow and actually swims around with them.Koda jr says she thinks she's one of them :lol:

Koda

That's good then, I know male Betta would not go as the Platies are too much like female Betta in shape. Some females can be as bad as males when it comes to territory too.

Teelie said:
That's good then, I know male Betta would not go as the Platies are too much like female Betta in shape. Some females can be as bad as males when it comes to territory too.
Actually I've had one of my males in with platies for a while now.He flared a bit at first but not much.He seems used to them now.But these are the 2 tanks I am thinking of switching around.The female betta would then be in with all the platies and the male betta would be in with all the cories.The cories and platies are both mixed varieties but might be happier grouped in together.I currently have three of each in the two tanks.So if I move them,one tank would have six cories and a male betta.The other would have six platies and a female betta.

Koda

I've kept male and female Betta with Cories no problems. My male crowntail is in with my Cories right now actually, for the last several months. He mostly ignores them except when they take his sleeping spot, then he flares a bit. Never nipped or bothered them though.

I have 2 peppered cory's and added 2 albino's having been told they will shoal, they do not, I now understand that they will if scared, but otherwise they ignore each other which is what happens in my tank, I will be getting more of each and splitting them when new tanks is ready.

Arfie

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back