🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RCA

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi all...
 ​
time to begin...
 ​

Time to start a journal on your Cooking abilities of a Yorkshire Pudding.

​
It is like a journal so get
photo.gif
 ​
Let the fun begin

​
 ​
Australia vs USA
with
TallTree01 vs Eaglesaquarium
 ​
Do you want to join them?

A bit of background, then onto the challenge... well... we all love food, we are all competitive and we all love derailing other people's threads... need we say more?

eaglesaquarium said:
Only thing I've ever heard about Yorkshire is Yorkshire pudding... but I don't even know what that is....
Dunno.gif

RCA said:
You can also get GIANT ones filled with all the lovely meal inside
I
wub.png
them with horseradish sauce.
I believe the original idea was to eat them before the meal in order to use less meat.  Nowadays we Yorkshire Folk like them with the meat
drunk.gif

Eagles and TT - I challenge you to make a "Toad in the Hole" and report back on what you thought.
smile2.gif

TallTree01 said:
Eagles and TT - I challenge you to make a "Toad in the Hole" and report back on what you thought.
smile2.gif
Great, but how do I make one?
Basically cook a hollow pastry and then chuck some meat and gravy in there.
PS. The broccoli in that pic really made me
sick.gif
. lol. Do I have to put broccoli in there?

eaglesaquarium said:
Brocolli is optional! lol
Making Yorkshire puds is both an art and a science. I was 40 before I could make a decent one! lol
You could always cheat and buy the frozen ones that only take 4 mins to reheat and they are quite good.

My wife has started making her own pizza crust and dinner rolls from scratch... we want AUTHENTIC food.
wink.png

I have 4.5 years to try to get my pudding right...  I accept the challenge! 
tongue2.gif

So the challenge is on, so far TT is in the lead although we are unsure precisely what he has made or eaten!

TallTree01 said:
I made it!!! Well... Sort of
I Chucked some gravy, sausages and potato in a pastry cup.

The verdict:
yum. can't believe you yorkshireers get to eat this all the time. Flavor may have been ruined by my own
drool.gif

So let the challenge begin - want to join in?  Feel free...the more Countries/Members the better...

I am the Yorkshire pudding champion!!!
I remain undefeated in the gravy filled ring.
So I ask you:
Are you ready toooo RUUMBLE!

Good call, RCA!!
We'll need photographic evidence with confirmation backup as in TOTM! lol
I'll make a toad in the hole for tea and post the results!
Bring it on!!!!!! lol

We could call it YPOTM!!! rofl

Mamashack said:
We'll need photographic evidence with confirmation backup as in TOTM! lol
I'll make a toad in the hole for tea and post the results!
Bring it on!!!!!! lol

We could call it YPOM!!! rofl

I agree we need photographic evidence and then we will all decide who will be the Champion
rofl.gif

Get cooking, and hopefully MBOU will join in as the link looks yummy...
drool.gif

THIS WILL BE THE LAST POST TAKEN FROM PREVIOUS TOPIC (HOPEFULLY), SO PLEASE POST HERE FROM NOW ON FOR THIS TO TAKE OFF...THANKS ;)
MBOU said:
*drools* I know what I am having for dinner tonight!!

Proper toad in the hole! Om nomnomnomnom!!

Bacon wrapped sausages and some sweetcorn in the batter (means it doesn't dry out quite so much too).
http://theordinarycook.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/toad.jpg

RCA really went nuts on the tagging when building this post, chucked the names of all the people she though would post. lol. She's spot on so far.
What would be your favorite yorky pudding combination?
Having only had 1 I don't think I have many options..... yet.

The list would be endless TT! You'll have to be creative! lol
Try adding some chopped herbs to the batter or as I do - a little bit of chilli powder to give it a bit of bite! yummy!!

Azziff, Lunar!!! Nobody would cheat!! Would they???

TallTree01 said:
RCA really went nuts on the tagging when building this post, chucked the names of all the people she though would post. lol. She's spot on so far.
What would be your favorite yorky pudding combination?
Having only had 1 I don't think I have many options..... yet.

Thanks TT, to be honest I was just trying to build a record of the events and the people who led up to it, hope I have not missed anyone - sorry if I did.

welcomeani.gif
  Lunar Jetman, "Aunt Bessies" are good for being quick but it is cheating ;)  Not sure TT and EA are able to get Aunt Bessies (a brand of pre-cooked Yorkshire's) anyway!

Aunt Bessie's is a brand of frozen YPs available in UK - they are good if you can't make YPs but home made tastes better and frozen ones not allowed for this comp, are they, RCA?

Sad isn't it *shakes head* almost as bad as horsemeat lasagne gobble pots. Absolutely anyone can cook if they just try
smile.png
I am the worlds most hopeless accident prone person inclusive of many scars from grabbing hot objects or touching gas rings or brushing against the shelves in the oven... and yet I can still cook! (timing is my biggest issue!).

If you can read a book or follow even the most basic written instructions, you can follow a recipe! If you don't understand the terminology, well... that's what google is for!
wink.png

It all takes practise, batter (for example) isn't all that expensive, make a small batch and practise with it first
smile.png

EDIT: RCA, I edited your initial post slightly as I have tidied up the thread we derailed ;) tell me if it doesn't make sense!

Of course TT!! Not everyone can make an edible YP - my first efforts were like unleavened bread! lol

Mamashack said:
Aunt Bessie's is a brand of frozen YPs available in UK - they are good if you can't make YPs but home made tastes better and frozen ones not allowed for this comp, are they, RCA?

Lunar Jetman said:
​This will be considered cheating...

Aunt-Bessies-Yorkshire-Puddings-Baked.jpg

Yup, not allowed, have to made from scratch...

TallTree01 said:
ohmy.png
you can get premade YPs!?!

We can you can't
rofl.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back