The Shed

rifty

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Thought I would start a thred for my fish shed I am setting up at the moment!
History I already have several tanks up and running in the back third of my garage in an insulated room but its small and cant accomodate more tanks or more than one person at a time.

so in comes the new 8x10 shed

2011-05-21193545.jpg

All the tanks I have apart from the fry stack in the center run which at the moment is just an idea

setups.png

Filteration is air driven sponge filters and the 2 6 footers will use mattern filters eventually run by 2 Hailea ACO-009

Insulation is bubble foil wrap over hi density foam board from a cold room its 5mm thick layerd up to 50mm and is normally £5 a square foot but got this free from work! this is work in progress at the mo want to get it all insulated over the next 2 weeks
The final coat is a white waterproof plastic sheeting similar to for sale signs which is very light to install and again adds insulation :good:
lighing will be t5 and seperate lighting on most tanks to start all in the future

Deadline for finishing the setup is end of August

Looks like a great project mate, one that has been thought out well :good: Be nice to see as ot progresses... Looking into a similiar project but on a smaller scale.. Eventually moving the 4 footers from the fish room also and leaving a display tank :good:
Keep us posted as it goes, can I ask what the blocks are at the base of your shed ?

The blocks are medium density blocks from wickes built onto an exsisting concrete base to raise the shed above grond level to avoid damp and then a membrane betweew then and the shed. The tanks stands will rest straight into the concrete blocks not the shed floor to stop movement.

I'm doing the same myself. I'm building the shed myself, 16ft long and 8ft wide. I'm putting double patio doors I got from a friend on too and two windows. Not building the level up though, just a concrete base and membrane too. I'm wondering what I can use for insulation at present. We haven't got a wickes here so I can't go an look. I'm thinking of normal aeroboard. Won't be buying it from anywhere other than a builders merchants. Would never pay the likes of B&Q/Homebase prices. They're ok for when your in desperate need of something, ie, a plumbing part or electrical fitting for when its too late or a sunday so no other place is open.

Will be looking forward to your updates on this.
Best of luck with it.

I was going to use kimgspan but the stuff I got we use at work to repair chillers and isn't available to buy as I think we own the firm that makes it too its really thin but has the same insulation properties as much thick board

i cant wait to get it finished either!
only beinga ble to do it after work and days off is driving me mad!
at present i have fitted all the roof insulation boards and cover these with foil for extra heat reflection
also put a second floor down of 10mm chipboard as the floor was not very thick.

been a long time i have the first tank in and stocked

DSCF7843.jpg

DSCF7842.jpg

DSCF7846.jpg

also had the phenochelius breeding the male did a mini bower too never seen em build before!

DSCF7857.jpg

added a third pile of rock to the 1st tank to the right
DSCF7935.jpg

also spotted my aulonocara mamelelea holding today
DSCF7923.jpg

the bottom tank needs a few more rocks but have an afra cobue holding and both mt azuras and lithobates colouring into breeding dress
DSCF7895.jpg

Looking great as always mate, you getting more fish sorted soon?

have a few on order with kevin smith so hope he can get them all then i'll be done

Othopharynx tetrastigma
placidochromis phenochillus tanzania
Placidochromis phenochilus Mdoka white lips
Copadichromis virginalis gold crest
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Hongi Island
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Cape Mc Clear

for now! :lol:

got more tanks now in!
and tons of breeding including my own line bred red Aulonocara called a British Red!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back