The Conversion Has Begun...

You'll want to stay away from any rocks that have obvious metal deposits, any that look like they have rust on them (a good sign of metal), and anything that has a tendency to flake (not harmful, but makes a big mess). Other than that, you can use just about anything, limestone is especially good as it will help buffer your water.

Thanks alot for that :good:

There's a few that I've had my eye on, but the one I want the most has a rusted look to it, with evident layers of different colours.

I managed to snap a quick pic on the way past, and yes I got a few strange looks for this :lol:

I'll post it up in ten or so minutes, so watch this space :good:

Cheers,

Maximus

Here we go:

DSC02238.jpg

And zoomed in a little:

DSC02239.jpg

So what do we think?

P.s Still chuffed with the quality of the phone cam :D

Cheers,

Maximus

Id prolly steer clear of something like that purely on the basis of the chunkiness: if one falls= crushed fish. Also makes it hard to form caves and stuff. Then again looking at it looks like it could have metal inclusions which makes it somewhat of a nono. Better to be safe than sorry

Id prolly steer clear of something like that purely on the basis of the chunkiness: if one falls= crushed fish. Also makes it hard to form caves and stuff. Then again looking at it looks like it could have metal inclusions which makes it somewhat of a nono. Better to be safe than sorry

Ok, thanks for that then :good:

I was a bit wary about the colour of it.

I was going for the thinner pieces myself, suppose I'll have to look about some more :nod:

Thanks again,

Maximus

THE ROCKWORK IS IN!

Well, I've finally got my ass into gear and got myself some lava rock :D

I carn't believe how much they love it, and me too!

The dominant male has been running crazy trying to claim all for himself lol

Well, here's a few pics, sorry about the quality :shout:

DSC02274.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Maximus

Yep looking much better. :good:

Thanks both of you :)

I carn't believe how much more active the "shy" ones were.

I think it's because they feel more secure and can easily escape aggressiors :nod:

Any advice or compliments ( :hey: ) welcome :lol:

I tried to create an open cove in the centre, kind of like a SW reef :shifty:

Thanks again,

Maximus

Cheers mate :good:

It's taken me aaaaaaages to find the right fish, and finally the right decor :blink:

I'm really happy with it now.

Funny you should say "big" lol. Everytime I look at it I think *hmm, I could of got a 7ft tank in there* :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone

Maximus

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back