Tetras with Fungus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Calico7

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I usually quarantine fish before adding them to my tank, but this time I decided not to, and it came back and bit me in the butt. I brought home 4 mollies that seemed healthy in the store, but once I got them home and in the tank, one of them was very lethargic and uncoordinated. The next day, I noticed the sick fish had patches of fungus, and he died the next day. I didn't think that he was in the tank long enough to spread the fungus to my other fish, but 2 days after he died, I found 2 of my neon tetras dead. Upon farther inspection, I saw that a couple of the live ones had the fungus. That same day, I picked up some API Fungus Cure and treated the tank, following the directions on the back. During this treatment, my betta died, although she showed no sign of the fungus. Once the treatment was done, my tetras still had the fungus but had not spread it to any of their tank mates, so I separated them into a 5 gallon hospital tank and treated them with Jungle Fungus Clear. It's been about a week, and I'm still seeing no changes. The neons are acting and eating normally, but they still have patches of fungus on their tails and sides. What is the best fungal treatment for tetras?

Tank size: 20 gallons
pH: 7.5
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 5
kH: N/A
gH: N/A
tank temp: 78F

Hospital Tank: 5 gallons
Temp: 78F

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): Fungus

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 40% Weekly

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Stress Coat (conditioner), Flourish, Excel, Iron, and Potassium (for plants), Used API Fungus Cure, now using Jungle Fungus Clear

Tank inhabitants: mollies, zebra danio, neon tetras, betta, mystery snail, nerite snails

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): The molly that caused the fungus

Tropical Fish Emergency Articles

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back