Test Reading

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Coolysd

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I swear sometimes these colors seem like they blend together making it almost impossible to decipher (at least for me anyway).
What would y'all call these results? TIA 😊

Attachments

• 20221214_200656.jpg
    20221214_200656.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 32
I swear sometimes these colors seem like they blend together making it almost impossible to decipher (at least for me anyway).
What would y'all call these results? TIA 😊
I'd say
PH: 7
Amm: 0.50
Nitrite: 0
NitrAte: Somewhere between 0 and 5

pH 7.0
Ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
An uncycled tank with an ammonia source (fish?). But colours are not authentic in photos nor on a screen. You are the best judge.

You should read it with bright 6000 k led lighting if possible. Hold each tube against a white background to see the result more clearly...I usually hold it against the white vertical spaces of the test card. with the test colors next to the tube.

Thanks everyone! Yes, this is my 75g uncycled tank, with fish (recommended by lfs before I knew any better). It has been running since Aug 8th (4 months 6 days) while my 5g (running since Nov 4th fishless) is cycled after 1 month 1 week and 3 days. It has me so frustrated and discouraged it sometimes makes it hard to enjoy 😫.

Definitely looks like you have ammonia at about 0.5 ppm, your other placements look correct. If the tank is still showing ammonia something is not quite right. Do you have any plants in the aquarium. With fish already in having some plants would help absorb some of the ammonia.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back