🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

no problem daize
cool1.gif
 yeah i trust the mix completely but i'll get it to x pH depending on stocking and then change the value fore any specific tanks so i like to test that ive definitely added the correct mix once I've altered it , kinda like water OCD i'd prefer to test 20 tanks a day and have it all logged so if anything goes wrong i can trace back when paremeter started altering and hopefuly lead it back to something added in/to the tank rather than just having than just having the paremeters of my water mix.

I can see where your coming from though twotank but i suppose every one does it different and i find this works for me ... as im sure your method works for you haha

have you  every tried the marine kits on a freshwater system ? as if they work ill get a load of them ... thanks for the help guys ! 

Some do and some don't re the kits and fw vs sw.

What I do know is this. We are all human and as such we nake mistakes. I aslo know that if one has to do 10 things to get from point A to point B, there are then 10 chances to make a mistake. If I have to calculate and measure the potential i wll accidentally get something wrong ioncreases with the number of things i have to do. On the other hand a company which manufatures something such as SeaChem Equilibrium has a lot better odds of implementing a much more stringent quality control over the process. They also have the proper type of equipment to test the product as well to insure the macunery did not glitch during the process of making it as well.

For me this is not an isuue of my way vs somebody else's way, it is a question of wanting to insure the maximum reliability. I know I will make a mistake long before SeaChem, or most other respobnsible comapnies might. The other thing I would bet is that when companies manufacturer additives like we are discussing they are not using hobby grade tests to implement quality control.

But as you said, you can do things your way and I can do things mine, that is one of the great things about the hobby.  But between your way and what Byron does, my money is on Byron for making fewer mistakes simply because he has a lot fewer chances to make them than you do. I will leave you with that old saying, lollow the KISS theory of doing things- Keep It Simple, Stupid. And no, I am not insinuating that anybody is stupid.

KISS is an acronym for "Keep it simple, stupid" as a design principle noted by the U.S. Navy in 1960. The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complicated; therefore simplicity should be a key goal in design and unnecessary complexity should be avoided.,,,,,,, The acronym was reportedly coined by Kelly Johnson, lead engineer at the Lockheed Skunk Works (creators of the Lockheed U-2 and SR-71 Blackbird spy planes, among many others).
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Most reactions

Back