Terrible advice!

55gallondude said:
wrs said:
bettas can live w/platties and guppys, just not fancey ones. mine did until i got a fancey guppy that was pregnate. they go really good together. i think hes just a mellow betta though.
Sorry to get off topic but...............ur 5 gallon tank is OVERSTOCKED

U have 1 Bala 2 I-Sharks

OMG I feel sorry for those fish :grr:
not to mention the one lone cory...

cories like to be kept in groups, wrs. :no: one cory is likely to be unhappy, lonely and skittish, especially in such a small, overstocked tank.

seriously, you NEED a bigger tank. I don’t know about iridescent sharks, but you CANNOT keep a bala shark in a 5 gallon tank; they can get to 10 inches or MORE. It's cruelto keep him in such a small space.

wrs said:
bettas can live w/platties and guppys, just not fancey ones. mine did until i got a fancey guppy that was pregnate. they go really good together. i think hes just a mellow betta though.
i used to have 3 platies in a 5 gal with my betta, and the platies were vicious little fin-nippers. they never left the poor betta alone; i had to get rid of the platies.

QUOTE (55gallondude @ May 9 2004, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (wrs @ May 9 2004, 02:15 PM)

Sorry to get off topic but...............ur 5 gallon tank is OVERSTOCKED

U have 1 Bala 2 I-Sharks

OMG I feel sorry for those fish

not to mention the one lone cory...

cories like to be kept in groups, wrs. one cory is likely to be unhappy, lonely and skittish, especially in such a small, overstocked tank.

seriously, you NEED a bigger tank. I don’t know about iridescent sharks, but you CANNOT keep a bala shark in a 5 gallon tank; they can get to 10 inches or MORE. It's cruelto keep him in such a small space.

if u read right, there are 2 5 gallon tanks, and it says that the shrks are moving, and they have. so i dout that 5 fish, .5 inches long in 1 5 gallon and 3 fishes about 1 inch long in a 5 gallon tank are overcrowding, like maybe 15 in 1, but not 5 or 3. :angry:

maybe the platys u had were males, male live bearers are mean w/out females.

I don't think it matters if the fish is only a small size. You will slow the fish's growth and it will damage the organs. That is if it doesn't die from it's own waste first.

I agree with you buggyboutbettas, ice crystals wouldn't form until below 0 degrees C, at which point the fish would have been in a coma for some time. I'd say death by freezing would be by far the most painless way to kill a fish and is the only way I have ever done it. :sad:

The thought of trying to stick a sharp object into the brain bothers me in that a fish's brain is relatively small; what if you miss? It would be terrible to have to have to stab it multiple times :crazy:

Most reactions

Back