Terrible advice!

Yeah that is a pretty bad site, hopefully most of the people who asked him/her questions went elsewhere after they recieved their pathetic response. Often the responses are yes or no I saw some with nothing at all. I can't believe someone who claims to know about Bettas doesn't know about the betta in a vase...rediculous.

uh my bettas eye is falling out what do I do?

Oh uhh add some salt

My betta is growing leaves out of his butt what do I do?

Oh uhh add some salt

Auratus said:
uh my bettas eye is falling out what do I do?

Oh uhh add some salt

My betta is growing leaves out of his butt what do I do?

Oh uhh add some salt
HAHAHA oh my gosh that is the funniest thing i've read in a while! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

they seem to have a thing against african frogs. so either he's wrong or wal-mart is wrong. wal mart's list of tank mates is african frogs, algae eaters, and white clouds.

:sick: ok..tell me this isn't how you people *euthinize* betta's.....
If you can't stand to have him suffer, you can put him to sleep by placing him in a cup in your refrigerator.

i know i wouldn't be able to stand the suffering...but killing them like THAT? theres better ways, right??!?

God, that's terrible. My bettas LOVE my ADFs and vice versa. There have been no conflicts.

And putting a fish in the FRIDGE??? God.

Is there a way to keep a male Betta and a female Betta in the same tank, and prevent them from mating? Thanks.
Bob Johnson
Salt Lake City, UT USA - Sun, April 14, 2002

If they mate, you can just ignore the eggs and the fry probably won't survive. Why worry? <>>><

hi again my fighting fish is a baby so if it does not eat all its food (blood worms) will it die?
adam hurley
blue mts, new south wales austrailia - Wed, June 5, 2002

No <>>><

these ones make me worry :unsure: :-(

the second one says hi again so it probably means he hasd gotten advice form this loser before!

That guy is a complet dimwit!

However, if (and only if) you absolutly need to euthanize a betta, you should place it in the freezer. this might seem pretty mean but it really isn't if there is no chance of the fish surviving.
because fish are cold blooded, freezing them just causes them to fall asleep in a painless way. it is actually the only humane way to euthanize a fish that I know of.

buggyboutbettas said:
That guy is a complet dimwit!

However, if (and only if) you absolutly need to euthanize a betta, you should place it in the freezer. this might seem pretty mean but it really isn't if there is no chance of the fish surviving.
because fish are cold blooded, freezing them just causes them to fall asleep in a painless way. it is actually the only humane way to euthanize a fish that I know of.
Read the pinned euthanasia thread in the Beginner's forum. It mentions several humane ways to euthanize tropical fish. It also states that freezing is not acceptable, which I agree with. As it says in the thread, it causes the fish immense pain and stress. In fact, it actually causes ice particles to form in the fish's blood. Not humane, IMO! :no:

both concussion and decapitation requires you to take the fish out of the water and handle it--which would causes extreme stress on the fish. I've met many owners and breeders of fish (particularly bettas) who've had fish for many years that say freezing is the best method. Freezing does NOT cause stress because the fish can be in a deep bowl or something similar with it's tank water. As the water temperature decreases, the fish falls a sleep. it's true that ice particles can form in the fishes blood, but that doesn't happen until the fish has been asleep for a while. How do I know that? because the fish--being cold blooded--falls asleep long before the water temperature gets to even 40 degrees F.
No one has to agree with me, but I will still go with my gut feeling along with scientific knowledge.

Well luckily all those questions were asked back in 2002, so hopefully this guy is no longer offering advise on Bettas. Just curious, has anyone tried emailing any of those people who got bad advise? (there email address are posted next to their names) haha.

Linda
www.pet-emporium.com
www.cooking-fanatics.com

buggyboutbettas said:
both concussion and decapitation requires you to take the fish out of the water and handle it--which would causes extreme stress on the fish.
but arent you going to kill it anyways??
i agree with julie i would never freeze a fish!!!

bettas can live w/platties and guppys, just not fancey ones. mine did until i got a fancey guppy that was pregnate. they go really good together. i think hes just a mellow betta though.

wrs said:
bettas can live w/platties and guppys, just not fancey ones. mine did until i got a fancey guppy that was pregnate. they go really good together. i think hes just a mellow betta though.
Sorry to get off topic but...............ur 5 gallon tank is OVERSTOCKED

U have 1 Bala 2 I-Sharks

OMG I feel sorry for those fish :grr:

Most reactions

Back