tanks, tanks and more tanks!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

So are you going to be keeping it running 24/7 or just when you want to give the plants a boost. Never has much luck keeping live plants alive, they usually either get eaten or just die off.

Lithril said:
So are you going to be keeping it running 24/7 or just when you want to give the plants a boost. Never has much luck keeping live plants alive, they usually either get eaten or just die off.
I'm the kiss of death to plants as well, which is why I'm so thrilled about the CO2. I use the Nutrafin yeast generator, which is a slightly more sophisticated version of the DIY one you can make (have a look on the DIY section of the forum). It's safe when you've got kids around (no gas canisters) and doesn't risk dumping a whole canister of CO2 in your tank. The downside is you have to refill it monthly and ofcourse its on all the time.

The other trick I'm learning with plants is substrate. Turns out the boring old gravel is not the best substrate. I'm thinking of replacing it with washed play sand but I need the advice of the guys on the "Garden" section of the forum.

Oh yes, I'd just like to say that I might quite enjoy building a CO2 generator... I work in a brewery - wonder if I could combine the two processes??? YAY now I wonder what people will say if I tell them that I was making home brew to help my fish tank.... :lol:

Not a plant person by any means, but I have heard that sand is not good with plants.

Something about it getting to compact and not letting the roots spread or something like that.

CM

Man SMB many many months ago I actually found a guy in ST Louis that had gone down to south america and had brought some back and was selling them didn't want to get one cause I already had my 2 and so I figured that they would have prob killed the new one and now I cant find the darn site I am going to have to go through every site that I have for fish

Most reactions

Back