what are good tank mates for,
1) Jaguar.
2) Breeding Pair Of Convicts.

my Ideas:

1x Red Devil/ Terror

A Male For My Female Jaguar.

This Tank Is a 6x2x2

thanks alot Reply ASAP....

is that all you have at moment is the jaguar?

My male jaguar cichlid "owned" a 5ft/2ft/2ft with oscar's/vieja/terror's etc,,they all cowered all the time in the corners......so as that tanks not much bigger you may be unlucky aswell.........Maybe a male n female jaguar would be good :good:

Also a divider if doing a pair of jags. My female almost killed my male when the fry went free-swimming and when it was time to lay again the male almost killed the female. Not all pairs have aggression some live with out any but a dead fish is not good to find in the morning.

How about an ornate bicher? With any luck it will eat the convicts when it grows large enough, and leave you a bit more stocking space LOL. Jokes aside though, a smaller species of bicher or a Synodontis catfish would be less likely to get hammered than another cichlid. Forget the male jaguar; if they didn't pair off voluntarily from a group it's highly unlikely they'll both survive in the same tank w/out a divider (which leaves 2 very large fish with 3' of tankspace each...)

How about an ornate bicher? With any luck it will eat the convicts when it grows large enough, and leave you a bit more stocking space LOL. Jokes aside though, a smaller species of bicher or a Synodontis catfish would be less likely to get hammered than another cichlid. Forget the male jaguar; if they didn't pair off voluntarily from a group it's highly unlikely they'll both survive in the same tank w/out a divider (which leaves 2 very large fish with 3' of tankspace each...)
I have paired of loads of Jags all was over 8inches, one I grew on from 2inch up-to around 10inches on his own even he took a female with out over aggression to her.

I put 3diff females not all in one go in with a 13inch male Xanthic Jag, Jags are not hard to pair *IN MY EXP*

its is the fish not the SP of the fish, im sure some1 will come on and say they are aggressive wife killers but thats just Cichlids.

its a try it, if it works then it works if not get her out of there.

if you do go with a female Jag the devider if they pair will only be needed to give her a time out and get some eggs redy, no need to have them live in a devided tank for long, Jags breed like Rabbits when they get going. :lol:

BUT LIKE I SAY THIS IS ONLY ME GOING FROM THE 5 ODD YEARS I HAVE HAD AND BRED JAGS, OTHERS MAY HAVE HAD AGGRESSIVE FISH.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back