Tanganyikan Project

43?
blink.gif

43?
laugh.gif

Blimey, makes my purchase of 12, 1" Sterba Corys last weeknd look positively sane!
hehe.gif

Good luck with the new inhabitants.
good.gif

My head is bouncing just thinking about it :lol: All being divvied up into 3 tanks though, fingers crossed..... :good:

All going well I should have a total of 43 fish arriving by this evening, fingers crossed :hyper:

Can`t wait for pics!! :D :D

Hi looking good :good:
When you getting the fish?
going to keep following this :good:

elisew, what is the fish in <<< your pic <<< ?

Lloyd

The fish in my pic is one of my black calvus Lloyd :)

Been struggling a bit with lighting on the 190ltr :rolleyes:
Added the "spare" controller, 30W aqua-glo, 20W aqua-glo (seen better days), 20W marine blue actinic.. Is there anywhere that will sell me a small sheet of polished aluminium, have a single reflector and was thinking if I could glue a sheet of this to the inside of the hood then get some bigger bulbs...
Had some rocks at either side but made all the new arrivals congragate in the middle, crowded, tried all the rocks at the right but all the went left :lol:
Reastacked them this morning slightly to the right off cantre. seems to be working, will probably remove the lava rock at some point as it's to high, funnily enough the cyps have been using the rockwork a lot and the xenos swimming all over the place. The 240 with the baby dubs is going well (touch wood), the fish box with the kungweensis seems to be ok, they are colouring up nice... as for the elite 95ltr I was supposed to be getting rid of it, I put one of the sumbus in it and told the mrs he wasn't well and was using it as a "hospital tank" :lol: This will be the next project :good:
Photo0934.jpg

Photo0935.jpg

Photo0936.jpg

Photo0937.jpg

Photo0957.jpg

Photo0958.jpg

Photo0959.jpg

Photo0970.jpg

Photo0971.jpg

Photo0972.jpg

Photo0973.jpg

Cheers for looking

:good:

I do like your dark rocks/sand. Wish I'd had something similar but had to go with what came along... :rolleyes:

I do like your dark rocks/sand. Wish I'd had something similar but had to go with what came along... :rolleyes:

Took a few snaps just before lights out, really need to get some shuteye myself soon :lol: Lighting is the 30W aqua-glo and the 20W blue actinic, the smaller aqua-glo is on the Elite95ltr. Really need to save up and get a digicam, the xenos have silvery fanks and a blue metallic patch on the cheeks, some ave yellow chins and a bit of blue and yellow through the fins and tails. The cyps have a bit of metallic blue on the back of the head and electric blue through the body, still very subtle, I saw my new female Sumbu, been very shy, the larger of the 2 males was doing some serious flirting with her so fingers crossed.. sorry about the poor quality but quite a busy tank :good:

Photo0973.jpg

Photo0990.jpg

Photo0973-1.jpg

Photo0974.jpg

Photo0976.jpg

Photo0977.jpg

Photo0978.jpg

Photo0979.jpg

Photo0980.jpg

Photo0981.jpg

Photo0982.jpg

Photo0983.jpg

Photo0984.jpg

Photo0985.jpg

Photo0986.jpg

Photo0989.jpg

:fish:

Looks good man. Its the best its looked so far. ;) Little suggestion- the shells in the front corner, id mess them up a bit so they look less placed.

Looks very good its killing me waiting till the end of the month to rehome my fish, recieve the others and rescape my tank. I have the rock setup how I like it already sat infront of the tank, the cat seems to like biting it :blink:

Looks good man. Its the best its looked so far. ;) Little suggestion- the shells in the front corner, id mess them up a bit so they look less placed.

Noted :good: had to move a lot of rocks to evict some Assassin Snails for a certain young forum user from N.I., the roacks are all over the place, just as I was happy :lol:

Looks very good its killing me waiting till the end of the month to rehome my fish, recieve the others and rescape my tank. I have the rock setup how I like it already sat infront of the tank, the cat seems to like biting it :blink:
I know how you feel mate, changed the stocking plan a few times then a delay with some stock, had tanks sitting running empty for weeks, the waiting game is a hard one to play :lol:
As for the cat, my two are barred from the fishroom unless under strict supervision from myself and even then only one at a time allowed in :lol:

Looking good mate, well done :good:
Lloyd

Nearly there Lloyd, still got tons to do, your tank is coming along nicely, are you still looking into some Calvus ? NICE :drool:

Great looking tank Kiriyama.

Just about to start a 300l tangs tank myself but two things held me back. First was which substrate to put in. Wasn't sure how black would look but after seeing your tank I'm now sold so black it is. Will be adding a mixture of 1mm and 2mm black quartz.

Only prob I have now is that I have a pair of breeding convicts in my 300ltr tank at the moment and the female's just given birth to a brood...looks like the tangs project might have to wait for another month or so :sad:

Just about to start a 300l tangs tank myself but two things held me back. First was which substrate to put in. Wasn't sure how black would look but after seeing your tank I'm now sold so black it is. Will be adding a mixture of 1mm and 2mm black quartz.

Only prob I have now is that I have a pair of breeding convicts in my 300ltr tank at the moment and the female's just given birth to a brood...looks like the tangs project might have to wait for another month or so :sad:
Cheers :good:
have a look on warehouse aquatics, they have fine grade black sand, heard a lot about quartz, have heard it has sharp edges :unsure: , not so good for shell dwellers :unsure:
I still have a reflector for the main tube in the 190ltr, going for some paracyps once the trops are moved from the 240, cyps will be moved into the 240 along with kungweensis and a pair of dwarf comps, oh oh and hopefully getting some caudopunctatus to add to the mix :hyper: . 190 will hold xenos, paracyps and a pair of dwarf comps :good:
Good luck when you set up your tang tank, they are real interesting :good:

have a look on warehouse aquatics, they have fine grade black sand, heard a lot about quartz, have heard it has sharp edges :unsure: , not so good for shell dwellers :unsure:
I still have a reflector for the main tube in the 190ltr, going for some paracyps once the trops are moved from the 240, cyps will be moved into the 240 along with kungweensis and a pair of dwarf comps, oh oh and hopefully getting some caudopunctatus to add to the mix :hyper: . 190 will hold xenos, paracyps and a pair of dwarf comps :good:

Ah should have mentioned...am out in Israel so no more buying online from the UK for me...missus moans too much about me battering the bank account :lol:

Saying that, just got a package in this afternoon from the UK...48" plants collection for my wee girls (mine really :D ) 100ltr community tank. Spent the last hour or so planting them. Some of them look a wee bit worse for wear but reckon they'll be okay.

Quartz will be fine mate and don't think I'll be going for shellies cos I can't buy any shells out here. Never seen them yet in a shop but anyway, know quite a few people here who use the quartz without any bother. Will see how it goes when I eventually get round to it in a month or two once the convict fry grow enough to dump them onto the lfs :nod:

Ah should have mentioned...am out in Israel so no more buying online from the UK for me...missus moans too much about me battering the bank account :lol:

Saying that, just got a package in this afternoon from the UK...48" plants collection for my wee girls (mine really :D ) 100ltr community tank. Spent the last hour or so planting them. Some of them look a wee bit worse for wear but reckon they'll be okay.

Quartz will be fine mate and don't think I'll be going for shellies cos I can't buy any shells out here. Never seen them yet in a shop but anyway, know quite a few people here who use the quartz without any bother. Will see how it goes when I eventually get round to it in a month or two once the convict fry grow enough to dump them onto the lfs :nod:

I did see a dark quartz, really fine grade, think it was dark red (maybe ruby quartz :rolleyes: ), wish I still had the pics. for you, anyways it really brought out the colours of the cichlids, really nice stuff :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back