🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fawke

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Down a dark hole... Down a dark hole... with an ow
Hi there,

I am a great catfish lover and i am currently cycling a tank ready for some catfish.

One of the species i am really fond of, and would like is a Synodontis Angelicus.
Has anybody had ANY experience with this fish, and where they might purchase one.

I have read all i can about them but nothing can replace peoples opinions and experiences.
I am looking at sharing this fish with a tank of -

1 Pictus Catfish
1 Pleco
4 Gouramis

Tank 35Gal (30 x 18 x 18")

Any recommendations or thoughts much appreciated!

I'm also very fond of the Synodontis Angelicus. :wub: I've never owned one yet though. Not to mention they are very rare around here and in high demand. I'll just add this question (in hopes that someone might read and answer this at the same time.) :p Is it true that synodontis fight among each other?

i've been looking into synos from my tank but haven't kept anything
a 35 is too small for a school of angelicus if youve research them they grow 7inches and should be in groups

and only a few spieces are agrisive to each other, mainly the eruptus and nigrita, most are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of 4, or they tend to nhide alot
but this is only from my reading and catfish planet.com , where people have kept them

Hi,

I have read a few postings on PlanetCatfish and this is a quote form there -

"yep. they're notoriously bad when kept as duo or small group.
7 or more will be a stunning display however, and I've seen open structured tanks with such a group."

A small group seems to be suicidal, and im not sure if anyone could get hold of 7! and as you said, house a large enough tank.

Do you think there would be territorial problems in my tank?

Thanks

Any idea on whether he'd be ok with my 4" Pictus ? (and 3 Gouramis?)....
I am in the process of constructing him a cave to live in....

I realise you havnt kept them before.....
I see no reason why he cant live with the Pictus ok......

I am kinda hoping somebody will come along who has kept them.
Thanks for all the help though anyhow...

Ta

Most reactions

Back