Sushi And Ember

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SamB said:
UPDATE 

Came back from a beach trip this weekend to find the black part of Ember's tail has completely gone!
yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

And, I finished building my 3 gallon DIY tank.. finally got it all sealed.. and despite having intentions of getting a dwarf puffer fish.. I saw a black betta at petco and I just couldn't resist. More on him in another thread I suppose!
Do link it when you've started the thread! :)
Seeing people indulge in their MTS here soothes my MTS... for a few moments.

My MTS is in the serious stage. My apartment is kind of small for the four tanks I have, lol. I'm glad the guys I share the apartment with are ok with it, haha. Gotta do some water changes then will get his thread up :D

I remember seeing your thread about a new tank you had setup with albino plecos and tiger barbs, SamB.  It looked stunning!  How is it doing now?

:D The tannins are going down, it's still pretty brown. Unfortunately I had some heater issues and I lost the pleco and a few tigerbarbs. I'm keeping 8 in there until my next paycheck and then I'll up the numbers by 5 tigerbarbs and get two albinos. They're getting a 30% water change today before I leave for 4-5 days. Will post a picture of them later too!

My DSLR is having all kinds of fun focusing on my new betta.. so i just took some phone pics. Thought I would post up a couple of Ember and Sushi.. sorry for the blur!

20130702_193655.jpg

20130702_193723.jpg

Sushi!

20130702_193701.jpg

20130702_193649.jpg
20130702_193715.jpg

EMBER! LOOK AT HIS TAIL!!! 
winner.gif

shout.gif

applaud.gif.gif

yahoo.gif

And check out all his BLUE!

Again, sorry for the blurry pics..

here's the link for the new betta's journal!

Ember is looking fabulous!!  His tail is looking excellent and love the blue coming out in his scales.  :)     Sushi looks happy and healthy as well.  :D  Good job!!!

Heres just a little pic of Sushi I grabbed. I love it.

E0XppBs.jpg

Thanks :) sushis a super visually appealing fish. I was just looking at the tank and he was staring at me so i went to talk to him and then ember came to the front and started flaring at me! Jealous fish!

Very nice fish and tank! Good to see that you upgraded it from those small ones!

Hey man of fish - Thanks for the fluval :D

20130715_001102.jpg

Great to see it's in use! Much better than collecting dust in a closet! Glad it can be a home for one of your Bettas you said? That's what I kept in it! He lived a happy life, I hope at least! Lol he was only in that tank for the last 6 months or so of it though he died after about 2 years :( but it happens, I've read that's about Betta life span so hope that was it :s

aw, haha always a bummer to hear. Sully might end up in this tank - not sure yet. Also have been considering dwarf puffers for a while.. maybe one can go in here. Right now it's a spare tank to have knocking around which is nice to have the flexibility!

Sounds like a good plan! Also just so that you know if you looked into the filter box there's a white filter pad I believe it has carbon in it, a black sponge and then some fluval water polishing pad. The first two pads I had in my filter on my 10 gallon so as long as they didn't dry out to much should help kick start or even already finish you're cycle! The polishing pad is brand new just threw it in there because I couldn't find the pads then remembered where they were! :lol:

Awesome! Thanks :D I have it set up on my desk but would love to bring it to work.. will talk to my boss about that today.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back