Sushi And Ember

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sushi doesn't really appear to have any issues at this close of a pic.  He appears to just have ruffled edges to his fins which could be a genetic trait, could be a rosetail gene, or he could be regrowing them from nipping them.  

Ember on the other hand is definitely fighting fin rot on the end of his tail.  Just watch him to make sure it doesn't get any worse and keep your water warm (80F) and very clean.  The rest of his fins look really good so it shouldn't take much to fix his tail.  

They both look nice and happy in their new tank!  Keep up with the good work!  

TT - here's a link to the imgur album with all the pictures of this tank. http://imgur.com/a/xRueC#10

Mamashack - Thanks!!

WB - :D That's fantastic to hear. I realized I'm being dumb. I think he's a delta tail.. lol. 

LOL  He is probably a delta but any of the things I listed could be something that affects any of the tail types.  :D  You are not being dumb.  :D

Thanks everyone!

For the most part, Sushi and Ember look very happy. I am doing ~30-50% water changes every 3 days or so, but Ember's tail kind of looks like it might be getting worse.. or just might be becoming more pronounced as it heals.. it's hard for me to tell. He is, however, gaining a blue sheen throughout his body, which is new! I can only assume that's a good thing... please advise?

Can't remember whether anyone has mentioned Indian Almond Leaves - they are calming and soothing and readily available in the UK on Ebay so hopefully you'll be able to source some in the US. They do turn the water brownish but I think that enhances the lighting somehow.

Just recalled something called Betta Spa - have seen RCA recommending it to others. Think it contains wild almond leaf extract amongst other things and helps to keep things on an even keel. I use the dried IAL tho.

Thanks! Will check those products out.

Love the new scape, I'm surprised how much of a difference the rocks make!
Its great that their fins are healing, can only hope they keep getting better. :)

UPDATE 

Came back from a beach trip this weekend to find the black part of Ember's tail has completely gone!
yay.gif

yay.gif

yay.gif

And, I finished building my 3 gallon DIY tank.. finally got it all sealed.. and despite having intentions of getting a dwarf puffer fish.. I saw a black betta at petco and I just couldn't resist. More on him in another thread I suppose!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back