Summer Transfer Speculation

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Arfie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
OK, who will me moving in the summer, either for your own team or any of the others. Put yourself up for ridicule :rofl: later in the year by posting your beliefs here and now.

Liverpool will likely have to get rid of yet more dead wood this summer, Rafa must feel like a lumberjack :X

I think (or is it hope?) that we will get rid of Morientes (nominal fee), Cisse (possibly £5m), Traore (£2m) and Dudek (£1m), I also think that Le Tallec and Pongole will not return from their loans (£0.5m each), or if they do, they will be straight back out. With the exception of Morientes, they were all Houllier mistakes. I'd like Crouch to go, but I don't think he will.
  • I think that we will sign Andy Johnson in the summer, no doubt for an extortionate fee, but I expect he'll be around the £10m mark.
  • I have a sneaky suspicion that Pablo Aimar will finally sign, he's one of Rafa's favourite players and he built his team around him at Valencia.
  • I've also got a feeling that this may be Raul's last season at Real Madrid and We know that Benitez likes to take Madrid's past it cast offs.
  • Another possible is Defoe, if Spurs don't get the CL place, he's a real possibility and could link up well with Crouch, but if Spurs do get the CL place, I think he'll stay.
  • I'd love to sign someone like Schevchenko and really break the bank, but I doubt it.
As for other teams, I think ManYoo will lose Van Nistlerooy, he seems to want to me the main man and now they have Rooney, he definitely isn't, he also obviously wasn't happy being dropped for the cup final and the next league game. He's likely to go to Real to replace Ronaldo and team back up with his buddy Beckham. I also think they'll finally get Ballack to do something about the shocking midfield they currently have and I wouldn't be surprised if they got Graveson from Real as part of the VN deal, those 2 would really strengthen them up.

I doubt Henry will leave Arsenal and I think that E'too will move to Arsenal from Barcelona and I think they'll make bids for Barton from Man City and failing that, a shock move for Scott Parker form the Geordies as a replacement for Viera.

Chelski, I have no idea who they may want, there aren't many players around that will improve the squad they have other than maybe a real top notch deadly finisher.

So I think that Liverpool, ManYoo and Arsenal will all be a lot stronger next season and will claw back a bit more ground off Chelski, though I doubt anyone will take the Premiership off them next year either.

Come on then, feel free to take the micky out of mine ;), but what have the rest of you got? :shifty:

Arfie

Well I am a rangers fan so I can see this french guy le guen making some major changes, I hope he brings in some different players. And sells all the crap.

To go:

Kyrgiakos, rodriguez, jeffers, novo, bernard, fan fan, hemdani, alex rae and gavin rae

To come in:
I am not sure who could come in to fill their boots no doubt a few french guys will come in. We need at least two more forwards, and a whole new defence.

The midfield at the mo is pretty good with ferguson, buffell, burke and lovenkrads.

I have heard that roberto Carlos, rhonaldhino, maldini, thuram, henry and zidane have all expressed an interest in coming to gers. lol

I WISH :shifty:

I'm a Boston united fan so here's mine...

TO GO -- EVERYONE

TO SIGN --- Ex prem players!

BORO

WANT TO Go
doriva - mendieta - maccerone - job- nemeth

think most will go

also

boateng will not sign likely to be man u or a dutch team
job wont come back
southgate and ehiogu will leave
franck quedrue to liverpool 4m

IN
j lloyd samual 1.5 m
geremi
douala
green from norwich

i think with our extrodinary youth system we wont need many

schwarzer

mcmahon riggot bates samual

morrison cattermole rochemback downing

yakubu viduka/hasslebaink

No thanks!

We've enough dross of our own still to offload without taking anymore and certainly not paying for it!

The only player I'd take from Boro is Downing, the rest just aren't good enough and certainly aren't better than what we have. Only exception to that statement is JFH, but whilst he's good enough, he's too old for my liking.

Arfie

No thanks!

We've enough dross of our own still to offload without taking anymore and certainly not paying for it!

The only player I'd take from Boro is Downing, the rest just aren't good enough and certainly aren't better than what we have. Only exception to that statement is JFH, but whilst he's good enough, he's too old for my liking.

Arfie

i dont think liverpools squad is as good as you say

franck Q is one of the best uncapped left backs in the world i think he has loads of commitment and skill. as for your strikers your saying you would have only jfh what about the yak he is class.

oh and did you know this stuck me by suprise

boro are only 2points behind what they had this time last season

so much for a terrible season.

cmon boro

i dont think liverpools squad is as good as you say

:huh: Which bit?

The defense is the 2nd tightest in the premiership, behind Chelsea and the bulk of our midfield would get into any team in the premiership, Gerrard obviously hence Chelsea trying to get him twice, Alonso is a target for Barca, Sissoko must be the best buy for us this season and is already one of the best holding midfielders in the country, behind Makelele, Scott Parker and maybe Barton (though I'm not convinced he is a holding player). We really need a right winger as Garcia is too lightweight and Cisse isn't a winger. Kewell isn't the player he was for leeds, hence Downing is the one I'd like. JFH is pure class and would score more than all our strikers together if he had the chances they get, but I don't want another near the end of his career striker, as for Yakubu, he is another Heskey, Crouch etc a big fish in a little pond, with all due respect, you can keep him.

As for only being 2 points behind last season, we're 9 in front of what we finished with last season :p

Arfie

I'd likme to see SWP somewhere he gets to play, LIVERPOOL would be a greta place for him. i'd love him to sign for us

Good call, sadly A - I don't think we can afford him and B - we need a striker or 3 and C - Chelski won't sell him, but he would certainly answer the right midfielder problem.

Arfie

well alledgedly we nearly signed him in jan, chelski taking a 10million loss on him.

but i read to day we are after guily form bvarcelona! hes a cracking player right sided mid as well.

I just hope he signs fowler on for a couple more years!

ok well im a man utd fan so here i go

to go-
ruud van nistleroy- around 10 mil or a trade for another striker
wes brown- 4.3 mil
loads of reserves are leavng on free including quinton fortune
i think evra will leave hes been pathetic since joining us dont no how much we'll get for him though

now who we'll buy
torres- i think we could buy him in a part trade somethin like ruud van nistleroy +8 mil i think that would be good
i think we could steal louis garcia from liverpool for around 9 mil
and of course a load of players who are great such as heinze but not exactly famous till they join us of course

Wolves

Going:

Lescott, probably to Everton for about £5 million
Seol, hopefully, if he plays in the World Cup for S Korea someone will bid for him - please.

Would have gone:

Frankowski, but unfortunately the 'goal machine' (quote copyright G Hoddle) scored 0 in 17 and so got dropped from the Poland World Cup squad.

Gone:

Miller
Postma
Ross
Anderton
Cameron

Going

Kennedy
Ince?

Missing next season

About 5,000 fans bored sick of Hoddle's "football"

SHOULD HAVE GONE

HODDLE :grr:

ok well im a man utd fan so here i go

to go-
ruud van nistleroy- around 10 mil or a trade for another striker
wes brown- 4.3 mil
loads of reserves are leavng on free including quinton fortune
i think evra will leave hes been pathetic since joining us dont no how much we'll get for him though

now who we'll buy
torres- i think we could buy him in a part trade somethin like ruud van nistleroy +8 mil i think that would be good
i think we could steal louis garcia from liverpool for around 9 mil
and of course a load of players who are great such as heinze but not exactly famous till they join us of course
£9m for Garcia :hyper: DONE!!!!! In fact I'd swap you Garcia +£5m for the balance impared horse face :lol:

Everyone is apparently in for Torres (including you, us and chelski), if he is not signed before the world cup and has a good tournemant he'll be well over £20m

Is Evra that bad :unsure: Obviously I've not seen that much of him, but he seemed like he'll be pretty useful :dunno:

Well Liverpool are applying for Mark Gonzales work permit again on 1st June as he's now played first team games in Spain including a good one agains Real and Chili are now ranked in the top 70 in the world. He's meant to be a very talented young winger :D

Morientes has gone already, hardly surprising, bit sad really but he never showed his talent for us. Probably bag a load in spain next year and likely knock us out of the champions league :crazy:

We're also apparently in for Kuyt trying to nick him from under Newcastles nose, not seen much of him, but he has a better scoring rate than RVN at the same age. Defoe is meant to be a done deal, though romour has it we are also playing him and Darren Bent off against each other, though I'd rather we went for Andy Johnson, especially at £8.5m, be a shame if he ended up at somewhere like Wigan (who I think will come down next year) or Even worse at Neverton :p

It's interesting reading back from what I put when I started this on March 11th, got the Ballack one wrong, seems he'd rather be another Chel$ki rent boy than be the Utd midfield general :p

Arfie

yes its a shame ballacks a dumby lol he should definetley have signed for us but oh well. i would love to see garcia in a united shirt (whos the visualy impared horse face by the way?) and torres will end up with us i reckon, and is evra that bad...well lets just say i wish fergie had spent 5 mil on a bottle of lucozade rather than that moron at least the players would be rehydrated and get a bit more energy evra is pathetic and has done nothing for us

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back