Suggestions For 1 Inch Or Under Sized Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Brette

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a little 10 gallon that i'd like to set up with real plants. I'm looking for little fish to add under an inch preferably. the ones I can think of are:

1. various tetras, cardinal, neon, black neon
2. cherry barbs
3. whiteclouds
4. sparkling gouramis
5. guppy

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Neon tetras looks beautiful in a small aquarium that is well planted. Neons were always my favorite choice for smaller beautiful looking tanks.

Get Neons!!! :D

I would go for white clouds or some Ember Tetras.

its says on franksaquiarium link that Galaxy Rasbora are all but exctint is this true cos if it is i feel guilty as i have bought 5 of them last week

wow guys thanks for all the suggestions, I didn't even know many of those fish existed! Tha galaxy rasbora is stunning, i wonder if I can get my hands on some. In fact many of those little rasboras are very pretty. And the little scarlet badis is awesome, never seen one of those either!

Does anyone actually order their fish by mail? Seems like a sketchy idea to me.

brette - mail order is not that uncommon at all. That's how all the fish (for the most part) get to the LFS's as well. Also, I would recommend some of the pygmy or panda cories for the bottom part of your tank! :)

yeah i read that article too brette, its a shame really, such lovely fish, spoil by human greed. i dont want to turn this topic into a debate about overfishing for the aquarium trade, so i'll leave it at that. apart from those fish, most other fish on that site look good.i personally love the bumblebee gobies. a huge shoal of them would look pretty cool, but so would a scarlet badis. its up to you. most mail order fish arrive well. the company ensure that as to keep its customers, as they will be seeing how the fish arrives, and if not happy, wont be goin back.

Just a note - most 'bumblebee gobies' (there are a handful of species going by the same name that look extremely similar) are brackish fish and cannot be kept in freshwater for extended periods. I've never kept any but there is apparently a freshwater species. You may want to ask in the brackish section for more info if you are considering them.

I

Good luck with your 10 gallon. Ive really enjoyed mine since I set it up. It currently houses 6 harlequin rasboras, 3 pygmaeus cories and 3 amano shrimp.

These guys do galaxy rasboras male order and they sponser TFF, although ive never used them before. I can't see why there should be a problem with male order fish as they are shipped by van and lorry all over the country to most LFS.

http://www.tropicalfish4u.co.uk/

:good:

Just a note - most 'bumblebee gobies' (there are a handful of species going by the same name that look extremely similar) are brackish fish and cannot be kept in freshwater for extended periods. I've never kept any but there is apparently a freshwater species. You may want to ask in the brackish section for more info if you are considering them.

I
their is many debate about if this fish is brackish or freshwater. i belive its freshwater, as many websites say so, and on the brackish section, it labels them to be freshwater.but then again, it can be kept in brackish.its a fish keepers personal choice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back