stupid stupid stupid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Susielyd

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi all,
just cracked my hospital tank. I am hoping someone will sympathize with me so I don't feel so dumb.
I was giving everything a boiling water wash and didn't have the foresight to take the stuff OUT and not actually put the stupid boiling water on the stupid glass itself. stupid stupid stupid........

Sorry to hear about your tank :( Try dilluted white vinegar & a plastic scrubber next time, It gets the crud off quick.

That sucks. :(

I've done that kind of thing before with a $60 heater... giving some guppies a salt bath, filled bucket with conditioned water, salt... decided to pop my heater in to equalise the bucket temp to that of my tank and CRACK! The heater was hot 'cause I'd taken it out of the water for a few minutes and when it hit the cold water it busted.

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. And also to me.

I've done that kind of thing before with a $60 heater... giving some guppies a salt bath, filled bucket with conditioned water, salt... decided to pop my heater in to equalise the bucket temp to that of my tank and CRACK! The heater was hot 'cause I'd taken it out of the water for a few minutes and when it hit the cold water it busted.

I broke a heater when I did a water change a month ago or so. took it out to clean the crud off and CRACK.
I'd forgotten to 1) unplug it. 2) Let it cool down. :X
god did I feel dumb.
and poor. them things is expensive!
doh!

so sympathies Susielyd. at least you're in good company!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back