Stocking Ideas for 130L or 182L

There are rainbowfish that range in size from 1 inch (Pseudomugil gertrudae) to 5 inches (Glossolepis incisus). Most rainbowfish are between 2-4 inches long.

All rainbowfish should be kept in groups of 6 or more. 8-10 rainbows make a happier group than 6 :)

Iriatherina werneri and Pseudomugil gertrudae will be fine in soft water, as will most of the smaller Melanotaenia species like M. papuae, sexlineata, pygmaea, nigrans & exquisita. Many of the bigger species will be fine too but if you want small fish like tetras, then avoid the bigger rainbows.

Apistogramma dwarf cichlids should be kept in prs (1 male & 1 female) and do well in soft water. Most of them will also breed and it is interesting watching the parental care.
Apistogramma cacatuoides is my favourite and one of the most colourful, they are easy to sex, easy to breed, peaceful and live in most conditions.
Ok thanks, Iā€™ve gone against appistos because apparently there expensive (45$) and arenā€™t very hardy. Would like 8 of the 1 inch ones be ok?

Apistogramma cacatuoides and agassizi are pretty tough fish. They have been captive bred for years and survive in most water. Just avoid wild caught Apistogrammas and you will be fine.

8 Pseudomugils would be fine.

Yeah ok, how many more fish would be ok do you reckon roughly. I know it depends on size but..

It depends upon species, their size but also their behaviours. Some species need more, some would not work anyway. Numbers are not the important thing, it is the fish species that matters.

It depends upon species, their size but also their behaviours. Some species need more, some would not work anyway. Numbers are not the important thing, it is the fish species that matters.
Ah ok thanks. Iā€™ll see whatā€™s available locally mabye later today as I might be picking up a few more fish. Iā€™ll take some photos?

Apistogramma cacatuoides and agassizi are pretty tough fish. They have been captive bred for years and survive in most water. Just avoid wild caught Apistogrammas and you will be fine.

8 Pseudomugils would be fine.

Ok. Cheers I love the agassizi

My Tank.. soon to be a hospital/breeder tank
65L adding more of everything once I get a bigger tank 3 Cherry Barbs,bigger tank. 3 black widow Tetras, 4 Purple Hareliquin Rasboras and 2 Corydoras.
Anyone got stocking ideas for a 130 or 182L
Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back