Steph's 7G Planted Cube

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

So levels are still exactly the same 48 hours later :)()

But, I finally decided on my shrimp stocking as I want a decent amount and I also put in an order for them as well.
So, going with:
5 Sexy Shrimp (2 males/3 females)
2 Bumblebee Shrimp (Gnathophyllum americanum)
1 Urocaridella sp.

Not entirely sure if i'm going to be able to get the Urocaridella, but am certainly going to try my hardest.

Also, picked up a mangrove today, i'm going to suspend it in the water column so its roots grow really long and provides hitching posts for the ponies. I may do a second one of these, but I haven't decided yet.

b4j6l1.jpg

Was pleasantly surprised to have some nitRITes this morning,
Test results:

pH: 8.3
Density: 1.025
NH3: .25ppm
NO2: .25ppm
NO3: 15ppm

Annnnnnd because I had nothing else better to do with my time tonight.... I tested it again haha. About a twelve hour difference,
Test results:

NH3: TRACE
NO2: TRACE
NO3: 15-18ppm

Woohoo! Looks like I'm getting some sexys in there this week :)

Was pleasantly surprised to have some nitRITes this morning,
Test results:

pH: 8.3
Density: 1.025
NH3: .25ppm
NO2: .25ppm
NO3: 15ppm

Annnnnnd because I had nothing else better to do with my time tonight.... I tested it again haha. About a twelve hour difference,
Test results:

NH3: TRACE
NO2: TRACE
NO3: 15-18ppm

Woohoo! Looks like I'm getting some sexys in there this week :)

If things turn out right, you won't just be getting sexys this week. :hyper:

5 Sexys in the tank tonight... :hyper: :fun:

Letting them settle in, pictures tomorrow.

Have to buy textbooks for school this week, so my poor wallet will be suffering!

Coming along nicely steph! That rock definately doesn't look man made, lots of coralline. Look forward to seeing how the mangrove works out for ya.

Will be following with interest.

Hehe. Very cool. Do you still want the macro?

L

Sigh you make it so hard to resist saltwater.... looks like ill settle with high tech puffer planted tank... ;)

Im out of $....i swear once i get an apartment....

Seriously though, looks awesome!

Ok, I'll send it out Tuesday or Wednesday after work.

Yes please Llj! Maybe I can help ID it!

Got the first macro in the tank! I stashed it into a sump at my work almost a year ago and completely forgot about it until today haha! I took about 1/4 of the whole colony home... It looks really cool, it's a type of Codium.

The sexys seem to like climbing all over it and the mangrove roots!

3fd.jpg

15n61cn.jpg

That is a nice macro! Good addition. Sure, I'll send a clump of the red macro. It's spreading, so I've got plenty.

I'll be sending it Wednesday.

:)

So, I managed to find and buy some dragon's breath macro, however, the person didn't send it with a heat pack and it's like 5 degrees here.... so I got it and put it in the tank ASAP, 2 days later, it has bleached slightly likely due to the cold/shipping stress, but the back looks like it is still OK for now... Going to keep an eye on it and b!7@* to the buyer if it dies...

I also picked up my two bumblebee shrimp today! They're so small and adorable!

Mangrove also looks like it's starting to sprout leaves on top.

Pictures to come!

Most reactions

Back