Starting over

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

Coolysd

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey y'all!!

It's been a while and I've missed ya!! So with everything that's taken place over the last 6 months or so, flood, tank swapping etc. I lost not only my crew #riptresloaches, my intrest in the hobby was declining and wasn't sure if I was going to start up again. Glad that was just a moment of insanity!!
I've (we've) had several convos regarding changing substrate from gravel to sand and applying a black background. So I just wanted to share my Day #1 75gal work in progress set up and maybe get some tips/tricks on how to make the deco pop. The only thing that will stay for sure is the wood, everything else is optional. I hate the fake plants in there but real one's give me anxiety (unless it's Anacharis) lol.
As for stock, I may go with the Dojos again.
As always, thanks for your help and expertise!!
20231015_192648.jpg

Well, welcome back to start with... šŸ‘
You could also go for some more sturdy plants if you don't like the fake plants. Anubias and other swamp plants like Enchinodorus plants would do well. Btw, is that blue light you've got in there? I love that light...

Thank you!! Also thanks for the plant info!
This is the light. It has all kinds of programming options that I don't have a clue how to operate. :lol:

Screenshot_20231016_170711_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Welcome! Good looking tank!
Iā€™ve had lots of success with anubias, but most plants I canā€™t keep alive. I also like giant duckweed, because it doesnā€™t get stuck in the filter as much as normal duckweed. It grows like crazy though.

Welcome! Good looking tank!
Iā€™ve had lots of success with anubias, but most plants I canā€™t keep alive. I also like giant duckweed, because it doesnā€™t get stuck in the filter as much as normal duckweed. It grows like crazy though.
Thank you!!

Most reactions

Back