Starting Over Again =[

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Its evident that i may have to re start my 33 gallon again after an infection from some new stock =[

my current fishies may not survive so im going to have a re-think about my tank

Im confident that the syno will be okay....but the kribs.....=[ one is very very ill

i would like a pair of angel fish, but ive heard that they prey upon smaller fish, would penguin tetras be okay [id like to add them again]

im still going to go with a pair of pelvichromis or apistos

what about dwarf gourami's?

anything else?

What are your water stat's? When you say ill, you mean( description please!). A pair of Apisto's ( or a harem) and some tetra's would be fine. If you have a breeding pair of angels in that tank, everything else would be killed.

water stats are great =[

i have a thread in tropical emergencies if you want to look, i think its slime disease brought in by the serpae tetras =[

ive lost a LOT of fish, i may be able to save the last krib

how can you tell the difference between male and female angels?

='[

Penguin tetras are actually a bit smaller than neons, and angels are known to prey on neons in the wild. So id guess that when the angels get big, they may see them as a slightly less colourful snack.

Im not 100% sure though.

angels can be very nasty with smaller fish as your aware
ive had angels in with fry ( mollies etc) in the past, but now i have giant angels and grew my fry to what i thought was a decent size to add them to the tank... bang all gone ( apart from one who i rescued with tatty fins :( )

someone said ( on here) that larger fish will eventually get used to having small fish in the tank, but im not sure this is the case with angels at all, and you would probably spend half your wages replenishing your stock to "get them used to them" tetras are a natural food souce for angels so i would steer clear, maybe go for the larger kind :/
i think most cichlids are the same to be honest.. all have a built in bully button

If by penguin tetra you mean thayeria boehlkei, then they would be fine with angelfish. Though they don't really shoal much, only when newly added to tanks, or stressed out, or during water changes etc. Otherwise they create a small territory and defend it, sometimes accepting other tetra species to be nearby sometimes not. At least this is what mine do. Mine are also considerably larger than neons, around 1.5x easily.

Could you post the tanks size/dimensions and the fish currently in it? This would help somewhat. Also, I disagree with a pair of kribs getting on with apistos, and I also disagree with an angelfish pair demolishing everything, not saying it couldn't happen but it seems rather unlikely from my experiences. Angelfish are pretty much impossible to sex until they breed.

fair enough, im just trying to think of new tank ideas since everything has gone to pot =[

80 cm W x 35 cm D x 50 cm H is the dimensions, it only has 1 krib [female] and a small hi fin syno

everything else is no more =[

im just trying to toss a few ideas around really [plus there are the most beautiful colour of angel fish at work, but im aware that the tank my not be big enough] trying to find a balance

got to redo my 10 g as well yet...=[

I'm so sorry to hear aboout your loss of fish,

What type of tank are you looking for?

Peaceful

Community

Semi agressive?

i like my cichlids like kribs, and apistos, but i also like my loaches =] whereas i wouldn't mind dwarf gouramis

i dont want to get rid of my krib, so maybe getting her a partner may be on the cards

my original plan was to have 3 dwarf gouramis, 3 yoyo loaches, some panda corys, a pair of kribs [probably 2 females] and or a pair of apistos [but they could well go in my 10 g, depends if they get on well with my betta, glass catfish and some type of tetra [probably penguins at this rate] but it can be changed

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back