Starting A Marine Aquarium

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

it is regular light on top. i will use a small heater from the 10gal aquarium to heat it up. i'll set it up max so it will work quicker hehe.

it says it is for FW & SW. :) since we are on this topic of heaters. It has a line that says not to imerse above the line, but yet it says it can be fully put into the water. I am a bit confused.. is it safe to dip the entire unit in the water and pass that line ???

If it has a line don't chance it ;)

Does it say fully submersible. Which heater is it? brand/model. Are you sure it's the right heater w/the right package? Maybe they were switched. It's def. something worth looking into :)

If it has a line don't chance it ;)

Does it say fully submersible. Which heater is it? brand/model. Are you sure it's the right heater w/the right package? Maybe they were switched. It's def. something worth looking into :)

Some heaters are fully submersible, and I believe all sold in the UK now have to be, though the US still apparently has non-fully submesrisble heaters for sale though... There are a few going arroud still that aren't in the UK also, but they are rare and VERRRY old stock... I'd take what is written on the unit over what's written on the packaging, but if either surgest that it isn't fully submesrible, I would not use it :no:

Turning a heater on full won't affect how quickly it heats. The thermostat does "on" or "off", no in betweens. The heater will remain "on" untill the water hits the set temperature, and then it will cycle between "on" and "off" to maintain that temperature. By setting the stat higher than needed, the water will heat just as fast to the disired temperature, but it will then over-shoot it :crazy:

All the best
Rabbut

this is the one i have.

http://www.avizoo.ca/product_info.php?manu...amp;language=en

- 100 Watts - 10.5" (25 cm) - Completely submersible - Easy to read adjustable dial - For fresh or salt water - Compact size ideal for all aquariums - Precision engineered - Unique suction bracket firmly holds heater in any location or position - Magnetically equipped to prevent arcing - Indiscernable radio interference - +/- 0.25 C accuracy The AquaClear 20 Submersible Aquarium Heater offers accurate and reliable aquarium temperature. The Easy-Set Temperature Dial provides precise temperature control. Its ceramic heater core allows for even and efficient heat distribution and its exclusive sealing system prevents humidity from entering the heater. The heater is ideal for 20 gallon aquariums and can be used in fresh and saltwater tanks.

good idea lol. maybe it's to cover themselfs incase something goes wrong :p

i don't know, i don't need to buy a heater i'm using the one i have.

yes it says it is good for both FW & SW tanks.

Most reactions

Back