Spotted Silver Dollars (metynnis Lippincottianus)

kuruptedseed

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Looking to buy Spotted silver dollars (Metynnis Lippincottianus).. I received my pair of spotted sd's on accident when I purchased 5 fish labeled silver dollars (Metynnis Argenteus) a few years ago.. I still have 4 of the 5 fish and all are between 4.5 and 6 inches. They shoal together and are very beautiful.. Although, I like the spotted variety better. They look like mini piranah's! Anyone sell these fish? No lfs in area will special order these fish for me because they will not guarantee the fish I receive will actually be Spotted SD's.. They do look similar when small. Anyone out there know where I can get my hands on legit spotted sd's? Let me know please- alternate email is [email protected] Thanks for reading this post guys

Here's what they look like.. 2 years old or so

Fish002.jpg

I'll bring my post back just in case someone out there can help me... I want 4 or 5 more spotted silver dollars to add with my existing 2.. Help. I need a breeder!

I just realized you were in Orlando. Check Petsmarts, sometimes they have spotted ones mixed in. At my store, there seems to be a red hook and maybe a spotted. Where are you at in Orlando? I might be able to get it for you or if you are close, you can stop by. :)

I just realized you were in Orlando. Check Petsmarts, sometimes they have spotted ones mixed in. At my store, there seems to be a red hook and maybe a spotted. Where are you at in Orlando? I might be able to get it for you or if you are close, you can stop by. :)

i have one. i was doing research on it and came across this forum and you post. im in pa, 19508. i would ship it if some one can tell me the best way. it looks exactly like the one in the picture. make me an offer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back