Something Hanging Out Of Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GuppyGoddess

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My betta is in a 5-gallon heated/filtered tank. The tank is still cycling. Water is changed to keep ammonia under 25 PPM. . .still no nitrite at this point.

The deal is I've seen normal white stringy stuff indicating worms and in the past had a guppy with camallanus, so I know what that looks like, and what I saw yesterday wasn't even close to either.

Yesterday was the day I fed my Betta bits of pea that later on he had coming out of him a thick protrution. It was coming out about 1/8th (or slighly longer) of an inch. I wasn't sure if it was related to the pea. . .This THICK. . .like the circumference of a one of the tongs on a fork. I'm not sure what happened to it because he swam behind the heater and when I got a chance to check again, it was gone. Today I syphoned the gravel all over his tank and didn't find anything similar to what I had seen.

Was this just the pea coming out or something more sinister?

Thanks.

What do you feed the betta.

Long stringy white poo can be constipation, bacterial infection, internal parasites.

What colour was the thick protrution.

What do you feed the betta.

Long stringy white poo can be constipation, bacterial infection, internal parasites.

What colour was the thick protrution.
What was coming out wasn't even close to the standard "white stringy poo."

The thick protrution was a beige color. MUCH thicker than what stuck out of my guppy when it first showed signs of camallanus (it first came out as a red rod, then retreated and later began to have the paintbrush hairs).

He's fed flake food, betta pellets, freeze dried blood worms, and a pea once a week. I also tried feeding him brine shrimp but he refuses to eat them.

Frreze dried foods can cause constipation and swim bladder problems.

More variety of frozen foods and veg.
Frozen daphnia is very good for digesting a fish good.
Green veg like broc, peas, sproats, cabbage, spinach, lettuce.

Feed the peas again it sounds like constipation.

Okay. . .he's not the greatest pooper in the world. . .will work on that.

What was the thing, though? Could it have been the pea coming out in a lump?

For other veggies, they need to be blanched first, right?

I seen my fish in the past do thick beige coloured waste.
If no improvement after feeding the veg in the next few days get back to the board.

Yes you blanch the veg for a few minutes in boiling water.

Good Luck.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back