Some New Photos Of My Butterfly Koi A Few Months In New Home

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Damon0306

Reaction score
Here are some of my butterfly KOI in there new home.

I posted early this year about them being so overcrowded in my pre-form 220-gallon pond.

I was freaking out and doing 1/2 to 3/4 water changes a day with COLD tap water and stress-coat.

All was well after MANY MANY water changes, but I think do to constant drops in temps in my FAST water changes I caused ICK to breakout.

Plans were to build a larger pond in the summer of 2006, but after my fish getting sick, had the new pond built.

Cleared the ICK up while the fish were in a 300-gallon holding tank for like 3 weeks.

There doing great in there new 6000-gallon pond. Manged to take care of my Heron problem without netting, my rat terrier DOGS are on Heron patrol. If a Heron lands in my yard its a deathwish with these dogs. They kill everthing from moles, frogs, baby birds.

Took a long time to get some new photos, had some serious drainage issues with previous water table problem that was never addressed during the construction. After 2-major floods of SOLID mud in my pond, and 2-nightmare cleanups, finally have a sump installed that works good enough to keep the mud out.

Hope you enjoy the fish. Just love these butterfly KOI. Wish I could find some new babies to raise indoor this winter.

172yum14a.jpg

172yum13a.jpg

172yum12a.jpg

172yum11a.jpg

172yum10a.jpg

172yum9a.jpg

172yum8a.jpg

172yum7a.jpg

172yum6a.jpg

172yum5a.jpg

172yum4a.jpg

172yum3a.jpg

172yum2a.jpg

172yum1a.jpg

Some lovely one's there.

Lovely pictures of your fish. I have seen Butterfly Koi at local lfs in their outdoor section. Very nice indeed. :)

They're gorgeous!! I love that pond too. The water is so beautifully clear!

Weather has gotten so damp and cold here in New Jersey so I have not had a chance to get some pond photos.

Here is one older picture I have online of the dogs.

Holly is the little black-tri-color-female 14lbs, she is a type-B mini-rat-terrier which have the short legs and top out around 13lbs.

Camron is the red-white male, 23lbs a standard type-A which is the largest for the breed and has normal length type-A legs.

He is the crazy nut. Holly is very shy and loves her daddy :)

Here is a picture from Winter 2004

172camhopper.jpg

You should post those dogs in the pet section. I think they are adorable, who knows they may be nominated for the contest.. :hey: Those fish are beautiful. I forgot to tell you that..

Those are some gorgeous fish. I have seldom seen such lovely butterfly koi. :wub: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank you everone for all the nice comments.

Here are a few quick shots of the pond itself.

172pond2a.jpg

172pond4a.jpg

172pond3a.jpg

172palace1a.jpg

172night1a.jpg

The pond is so lovely. How do you keep animals from eating you koi? Racoons are a problem here, and one of my friend's father's had a koi pond and a Kingfisher got to some of them.

Most reactions

Back