Snakeskin topsword guppy

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I've been keeping snakeskin topsword guppies for a long time, both grey and blond based. But I've recently noticed that a specific male has developed in a cobra endler population that shows phenotypically a snakeskin topsword guppy. Well, the cobra endler is already a hybrid strain made of a cobra guppy x black bar endler. So, it's not weird that a snakeskin or cobra guppy shows up again. Same that a normal black bar endler can still show up from this particular strain.
I've separated this male and put him together with some virgin females of the Campoma nr.3 endler. The snakeskin or cobra pattern from the male is dominant over the pattern and coloration of the Campoma nr.3. And both have a topsword of itself.
In comparison to the regular snakeskin topsword guppies, this one has a broad shaped sword. I will work on the dorsal in future males, for I think the dorsal of this male is a kind of short for this type of guppy. It's got to be longer.
IMG_9910a.jpgIMG_9906a.jpgIMG_9900a.jpg

I've been keeping snakeskin topsword guppies for a long time, both grey and blond based. But I've recently noticed that a specific male has developed in a cobra endler population that shows phenotypically a snakeskin topsword guppy. Well, the cobra endler is already a hybrid strain made of a cobra guppy x black bar endler. So, it's not weird that a snakeskin or cobra guppy shows up again. Same that a normal black bar endler can still show up from this particular strain.
I've separated this male and put him together with some virgin females of the Campoma nr.3 endler. The snakeskin or cobra pattern from the male is dominant over the pattern and coloration of the Campoma nr.3. And both have a topsword of itself.
In comparison to the regular snakeskin topsword guppies, this one has a broad shaped sword. I will work on the dorsal in future males, for I think the dorsal of this male is a kind of short for this type of guppy. It's got to be longer.
View attachment 321351View attachment 321352View attachment 321353
I like it! the thick sword is interesting

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back